Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43
  1. #11
    Expert Redtbird's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    My brother had this problem many years ago on a paper route. He bought a water pistol at the store and filled it with ammonia and water. The next time the dog chased him, he squirted it with the water pistol. The dog never chased him after that.

    And, with the squirt gun, you won't get a could of spray that can blow back in your face!
    "No Guns, No Security. Know Guns, Know Security



    "Sometimes you just have to close your eyes, count to ten, take a deep breath, remind yourself that you wouldn't look good in prison stripes, and just smile at that *&^@> and walk away."



    "Let the world know you as you are, not as you think you should be, because sooner or later, if you are posing, you will forget the pose, and then where are you?" -- Fanny Brice, American actress and singer (1891 - 1951)[/B]

  2. #12
    I still care....Really
    churchmouse's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Tough to defend when riding a bike. I would do the spray mixture using ammonia. Go for the nose if you can.
    Or....just outrun him again. Run it into a pole.

  3. #13
    Grandmaster Sylvain's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Tough to defend when riding a bike. I would do the spray mixture using ammonia. Go for the nose if you can.
    Or....just outrun him again. Run it into a pole.

    Yep, that's the main problem.
    If I was on foot I would just have kicked the dog without any problem.
    But to do that I would have to slow down and that thing is fast.

  4. #14
    #BarnWoodStrong
    RobbyMaQ's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    My wife does a lot of walking & tried a 'dog alert' electronic doodad of some sort. It does not work. She now carries pepper spray with her. She hasn't had a need for it since she got it. I am willing to bet it will work.

    I gather that airsoft guns tend to send strays running when they get in your yard.
    The intricacies found in the world of firearms
    that I discover each new day, is astounding.

    Forum Rules | INGO FAQ | Classifieds Rules

  5. #15
    Grandmaster SEIndSAM's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Another vote for ammonia and water in a small squirt gun. It works.
    Proud Member of D.A.D.D.

    Dads against daughters dating.....

  6. #16
    Marksman rhinoabe's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Time for the JUDGE with #8 shot
    NRA Life Member- ILLTCH-ARO-MBNB

  7. #17
    Grandmaster Sylvain's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Redtbird View Post
    My brother had this problem many years ago on a paper route. He bought a water pistol at the store and filled it with ammonia and water. The next time the dog chased him, he squirted it with the water pistol. The dog never chased him after that.

    And, with the squirt gun, you won't get a could of spray that can blow back in your face!
    Interesting idea.
    Especially since I saw stuff like this in a toy store.



    Even an evil AK model with removable water tank magazine.


  8. #18
    Sharpshooter Stickfight's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I get chased by dogs every once in a while when I'm out riding, but I've never met one I can't outsprint. The few who took me by surprise and got close enough to need defending against have taken a clear in the face.

    That is the main way dogs fight so you can almost always depend on their faces being exposed. A good shot with a stiff bike shoe sole seems to work.
    "Photos are not evidence, they are a type of evidence." -Destro

  9. #19
    Grandmaster Sylvain's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Stickfight View Post
    I get chased by dogs every once in a while when I'm out riding, but I've never met one I can't outsprint. The few who took me by surprise and got close enough to need defending against have taken a clear in the face.

    That is the main way dogs fight so you can almost always depend on their faces being exposed. A good shot with a stiff bike shoe sole seems to work.
    I ride with steel toe boots.

  10. #20
    Grandmaster

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by mrjarrell View Post
    I'll guess you're still in France. Use pepper spray or a spray bottle filled with ammonia and a bit of water, if you can't have pepper spray. Their noses can't stand it.
    Sounds kind of funny to think about now, but when I carried newspapers some 45 years ago, I had a similar problem with more than one K9 on my route.
    Don't get me wrong, I LOVE dogs. I have three of my own, but they can ALL get hard to handle if in the proper mood.

    My dad gave me a simple squirt-gun filled with ammonia. One shot in each dogs face took care of that particular dog, for good!

    They would yelp and run away. I'd see them after that, but they ALWAYS gave me a wide passage after that single shot.

    That's just my experience.

    Dormant U.S.Marine/ NRA Benefactor-Life

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge