• ...and so much more!
  • j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    After 28 years of raising four kids the wife and I are now officially empty nesters. Our 1st three have four years between each of them so they are spread out. My youngest daughter left for college Wednesday. I am stoked and felt like throwing a party. Last night I got up to go to work. My wife had just returned from Munster helping with the college move. I walk in the living room (in my bloomers) and she is crying!! WTH? I just can't comprehend how a woman's brain works:n00b:. I am happy as all get out and she is mad because I am happy. :rolleyes: IT got worse when I told her to suck it up and deal with it. Something I have told all my kids many many times.

Anyway I think it is awesome not having any kids at home. A little touch of freedom after 28 years of running here and there and doing this and that. I think I am going to like it. Might need to get the wife some prozac or something. Got to run...need to go buy flowers I guess.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Ain't it quiet though? ;)
    the wife needs a hobby, you need a motorcycle (or a corvette,mustang)
    my wife started gardening and we started taking weekend trips.
    I started reloading

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    On separate occasions, I helped my son and daughter move to other states and then flew home. Both times I cried most of the way home. We miss both of them.

But we got past that pretty quick and loved the time alone together, and let me just say, um, we both found a hobby together.

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Same boat as you. Just married off the younger Daughter, but we have our Grandkid over and she spends a weekend night with us on a regular basis. The more things change, they seem to stay the same...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We're not quite there yet. But we're to the point where they do their own thing on weekends, etc. leaving the wifey and I all alone. It's kind of weird going out to eat where WE want, when we want, etc. But I'd love to still be going to high school football games this fall to watch them play...it's going to take some getting used to.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    We became empty nesters about eight years ago and as I recall it took me all of about two seconds to acclimate. My wife...well that was a different story. She is now fully into it, but it took her a few years to get there.

For me it wasn't that I didn't miss our kids...I love them dearly. Instead it was more like a being able to do what we wanted to, when we wanted to, and finally having time to do the things parents sacrifice of themselves for their children.

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    How-mad-is-she1.jpg

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I got to tell you all this woman of mine ain't getting any better. She is still mad as all get out with me over poking a little fun at her for crying. She really took that little statement serous. I have been fixing my own meals, doing the dishes and even laundry. I think this is the maddest she has ever been with me. And yea I bought flowers. Wish me luck. The daughter has not been gone a week yet and we have to go drive all the way to Munster to check on her Thursday! I attempted to tell her that if she needed anything she would have called. I predict it will be a chilly drive.

On the bright side I went to the grocery store. For the first time ever I was able to buy a 1/2 gallon jug of milk instead of a couple of 1 gallon jugs!! I don't know why but it kinda hit me a funny although kind of stupid

2001FZ1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Indy
    can't even imagine it. i'm typing one-handed because i'm holding my youngest (2 mos).

I'm with you. I have a 5yr old and a 6 yr old and couldnt image life with out them around. We recently had the grandparents take them for a week. We were bored after the 2nd day....

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    think about where that child came from (in the literal since of the phrase). and now the child is gone, your wife now feels that she has no purpose in life, as that purpose has left for college. give it time, be extra nice and help her find a new hobby or remember an old hobby.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    think about where that child came from (in the literal since of the phrase). and now the child is gone, your wife now feels that she has no purpose in life, as that purpose has left for college. give it time, be extra nice and help her find a new hobby or remember an old hobby.

I have been trying believe me on that. I have never seen this woman act like this. Actually heard her cuss last night...at me no less!! I can count on one hand how many times I have ever heard a cuss word out of her. All I did and said was" love you babe have a good night" as I was leaving for work.:n00b:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have been trying believe me on that. I have never seen this woman act like this. Actually heard her cuss last night...at me no less!! I can count on one hand how many times I have ever heard a cuss word out of her. All I did and said was" love you babe have a good night" as I was leaving for work.:n00b:
    You better fall on your sword on this one. Tell her what an insensitive, ### you are and plead for mercy.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ryandeleeuw340
    Top Bottom