• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Going back to JEDI's backpacking stove topic, this may be my next (and possibly last) stove => OD-1NP | Products | SOTO

It was the 2012 Backpacker Editors Choice stove. Has some interesting features. The only downside to this stove is that it does not use canister gas in addition to liquid fuel. Sometimes canisters are just more convenient. This doesn't burn Kerosene, #1 diesel or jet fuel either, but I don't consider that to be a real issue. White gas and unleaded gas are available pretty much everywhere so I'm not particularly concerned that I may need a jet fuel stove stove someday. I currently don't have any backpacking stove and am getting along just fine, so I may never buy one of these but its one that I would buy today if I felt compelled.

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN
    Going back to JEDI's backpacking stove topic, this may be my next (and possibly last) stove => OD-1NP | Products | SOTO

It was the 2012 Backpacker Editors Choice stove. Has some interesting features. The only downside to this stove is that it does not use canister gas in addition to liquid fuel. Sometimes canisters are just more convenient. This doesn't burn Kerosene, #1 diesel or jet fuel either, but I don't consider that to be a real issue. White gas and unleaded gas are available pretty much everywhere so I'm not particularly concerned that I may need a jet fuel stove stove someday. I currently don't have any backpacking stove and am getting along just fine, so I may never buy one of these but its one that I would buy today if I felt compelled.

My Whisperlite International comes with two different jets for the broad range of fuel usage. I will probably never use anything except camp fuel. I just like to be prepared. Never know what's going to happen.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    My Whisperlite International comes with two different jets for the broad range of fuel usage. I will probably never use anything except camp fuel. I just like to be prepared. Never know what's going to happen.

Whisperlite is a great stove and very popular, MSR makes great products. I just prefer the stand design of the Soto stove for greater stability than most of the ultralight stoves (basically you can use a bigger pot or a frying pan), I also like the lack of priming and the pressure indicator on the pump. The Soto stove is neither as light nor as compact. Its not a better stove, just different. Honestly with most of the backpack stoves out there they are all great little stoves, it becomes a matter of personal choice and very little else.

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN
    Whisperlite is a great stove and very popular, MSR makes great products. I just prefer the stand design of the Soto stove for greater stability than most of the ultralight stoves (basically you can use a bigger pot or a frying pan), I also like the lack of priming and the pressure indicator on the pump. The Soto stove is neither as light nor as compact. Its not a better stove, just different. Honestly with most of the backpack stoves out there they are all great little stoves, it becomes a matter of personal choice and very little else.

I'm a moron! Your above statement got me thinking. My stove seems to have pretty good pan holders that double as stove base. Went to MSR website and found that I have the Dragonfly. I have always wanted a Whisperlite, must of upgraded the stove when I bought it and forgot to upgrade my brain on which one I did have.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Blah. Was supposed to go back to work on 9/9. The dr office screwed up, didn't do my paperwork. Which caused me to go AWOL, absent without leave, since 9/1. They took the form from me 8/26, my last appointment. So I assume everything is good.

Fast forward to 9/9, I get a call from work and they say "so there's a rumor you're coming back today."

I say"yep, I'll be in at 2300"

"No, we don't have any release orders for you. As a matter of fact your AWOL, you were only authorized until 8/31!" They say.

So Monday I make 3 phone calls to the neurologist. Each time I leave voicemail. Tuesday I call 2 time, leave 2 messages. Today, Wednesday I call and leave a message at 0830 then again at 1100. Nothing, no response from anybody.

Around noon, I take a ride to the neurologists office, exchange a few "pleasantries" and now the form should be sitting on the fax machine at work with a return to work date of Monday, September 16th.

Only issue is since I've been gone so long my job (set hours and set desk) gets put up for permanent vacancy. And on Tuesday, it was awarded to someone with more seniority. So now when I go back, I get to go on the extra board. Changing desks, times and being on call. And of course, no more set off days.

If the dr would have done what they were supposed to, I'd have a regular job, not be on the extra board. Moral of story, never trust anyone to do their job, especially when it comes to your livelihood. They'll screw every chance they get, and won't even think twice about it.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Blah blah blah

. . .

If the dr would have done what they were supposed to, I'd have a regular job, not be on the extra board. Moral of story, never trust anyone to do their job, especially when it comes to your livelihood. They'll screw every chance they get, and won't even think twice about it.

So what you are saying is that you are now free to come to the cigar lounge on Thursday morning :rockwoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom