$100 a day on the weekends to go out of the house.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    The cost of things is getting silly. 2 ppl out to eat at any sit down chain resturant is pushing $40-$45. 2 entrees, 2 soda's amd the tip.

I went to the goodguys show at IMS, Saturday $18 entry fee for one adult. Free parking.:rolleyes: No where near the attendance car wise or a show like it was at raceway park. Plus most cars that were there are for sale not show. Plus 4 dollars for a bottle of water.

And today I went to the worst 4 wheel jamboree I have ever been to. $20 entry fee for adults. $5 parking. Across from the fair grounds. No swap meet. Nothing but wheels and tires for sale. Had to walk the nearly the entire grounds(through enough empty space for parking every spectator) to see everything. No rock crawl, or amateur mud race. 5 ppl entered the burnout contest. There were bery few custom trucks. Most were regular trucks with a little lift and tires and wheels. The true customs truck had stickers dating back to the 90's shows.

Then gas on all that, no wonder ppl stay at home and play video games.

Last edited:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Oh, but the inflation rate is so low! Dear Leader tells us this, so it must be true. Actually, everything that might rise significantly in price has been removed from the CPI, which is how gas prices can double in three years with a 2% inflation rate. As fuel rises, so goes everything else.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Most any time I go out to do anything on any given weekend is pay week. And then it's just a movie, shooting or a quick dinner out. Definitely no out of town trips.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I went to Four Wheel Parts, on East Washington St. last night, for a 6pm., till 12 mid., rock crawl.
    Free entry, and free food. Stayed about 90 min., and I had seen everything I needed to .....

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    The point? Living longer apparently. You can stay at home and have soda too buddy. You were complaining about cost, that's what my point was. I simply added the calories part.

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    I paid $6 for a corona downtown a few years ago. Really ticked me off. I hear you, but you can have a fun night much cheaper than $100

True. I can watch the $1.50 movies in greenwood, leave olive garden stuffed for under $8 ($4 @ mc d's) and get my fill of reading for free at barnes and noble.

But going to a speciacl event for 2 adults shouldn't cost more than my monthly energy bills.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We hit the $1.50 movies regularly. Went to Turbo last week with the kids. Restaurants run coupons and specials. Buy the "zoo book" discount coupon thing and plan evenings around that. Try some bowling nights, or roller skating, a drive-in, or fun old-school things like that.

I order a small caesar salad at Cheesecake Factory for $8 or so and it's more than I can finish as a meal.

i hear you on the event fee though. Ever go to a colts game for $110 a pop and have your kid want to leave in the first quarter? :xmad:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Pay a little more so they can make a profit is understandable, but their profit margins are reaching jewlery levels.

I have been involved with racing at all levels all my life. I have friends with the mobile food wagons and concession set ups. They are slowly selling off their gear. Reason....the promoters of these shows as in Good guys and the like, are charging so much for vendor space that the general public has to pay $3.00 for a cup of black coffee. Wife had a booth at the Good guys craft show this weekend. I had to pay $3.00 coffee/$6.50 for a crap burger. It is just how the game is played.
    We used to run our cars at the Super Chevy show every year at raceway park. The place used to be full of vendors/swap meet/car shows etc. The last 5 years it dwindled off to nothing and then it went away. The vendors were getting rapped for the space by the promoters. The swap meet became a business for most of the people doing it so the prices reflected it. The guys at the top see profit and grind it up until it is dead and spit out the corps. It is the way of things.

Top Bottom