Is anyone else losing sleep because of GTA V?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Well since I traded in pretty much every single game I don't play and haven't played in like a full year - 5 years (haha) and got about $40 for all 9 games (yes pathetic), and picked up GTA 5, 4 days ago.... My lord almighty! I am completely engrossed in the game. For all of those who absolutely despise the game, please don't use this thread to bash it. I understand why a lot of people hate it, but the game is so much more than just degrading H***ers, and causing mayhem on streets. The story itself is beyond amazing... grammy worthy. My daily routine is college classes in the am, school work in the pm, then a few miller lights and GTA until the break of dawn while chatting (via xbox) live with my best friend who is also completely engrossed with the game.
    I know, I know, I sound pathetic, but the $20 I spent on this game ($40 off since i traded in games), is hands down the best $20 I've ever spent in my life. I do feel bad for my fiance though. She's wondering when her boyfriend will return in cuddle with her in bed haha!

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    My son would be losing sleep but I won't let him. He's still in high school and still has to follow my rules.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Id be worried if my fiance had a boyfriend...

Just messing with ya, I know what you mean. Ya, I like the game too but I have a 2 year old and a fiance that works days while I work 12's overnight so not a lot of time to devote to it. I just keep chipping at it here and there.

Mikeshep1462

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Sweetser
    Yep, I can safely say I am addicted! Got it at midnight release, took 2 days off to play (the joys of being self employed!), and been rushing my work each night since to go in and play more. So far I've got about 60 of the 69 main missions done, and a few of the random events, strangers and freaks, etc. Just got done going a on mini-sub excursion under the sea. Found an airplane and a few sunken ships down there. Then rode the tram to the top of Mt. Chilliad and drove a dirt bike of the top, jumped off and opened my chute way too late, hit the side of the mountain and fell to my death. Good times. Had to pry myself away to get some work done.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I have to be at work in 6 hours and I got up at 9ish this morning (after going to bed at 4:30am). I spent the majority of Saturday playing. Today I had to get caught up on other things and started playing again around 6:30 this evening. I agree with the story line; it's great. Some of the missions are aggravating but it's to be expected. I think I'm somewhere around 60% with the game. At one point there were so many missions between the 3 characters I really had no clue what I wanted to do next. I just need to stop typing and get some sleep. Game play will continue tomorrow evening.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Fiances twin brother hasn't peeled himself away from the TV except to work, or sleep a few hours each day. I'd bet he's at least 75 hours of play time into the game. I've picked it up twice, but I am the type that likes to cause mayhem and degrade hookers (IN THE GAME), so I am not that into it.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I'd love to be playing it, but it's not in the financial cards right not.

Donations are accepted. :whistle:
    That's what I was thinking until I realized that I have a bunch of used games to trade in tomorrow...though they'll probably only give me $3 a piece :rolleyes: Oh well, might as well get what I can out of my 360 stuff before I stop using it.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I'd like to run some hookers over with a stolen fire truck and throw hand grenades into bunch of cars if I could get the time to do it.

First step would be buying the game which isn't in the cards since I'm currently building a garage. Still hoping on winning the lottery. Guess I will just have to dream until then...

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    That's what I was thinking until I realized that I have a bunch of used games to trade in tomorrow...though they'll probably only give me $3 a piece :rolleyes: Oh well, might as well get what I can out of my 360 stuff before I stop using it.

Gamestop is giving 30% trade-in bonus on anything traded towards GTA V. I traded in 11 games I haven't picked up in years and got $73 with that, plus the power up card (extra 10%). To be honest I don't buy enough to pay the $15 for the power up card but with the extra 10% it actually gave me $4 more after trade in (including them taking the $15 out) so it was a no-brainer. Got GTA V and Hitman Absolution for a bunch of games I haven't touched in forever. Besides, Im the kind of gamer who plays through a campaign then doesn't touch the game again unless the online is fun. Needless to say didn't play any of the games I traded in online so no loss there.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Gamestop is giving 30% trade-in bonus on anything traded towards GTA V. I traded in 11 games I haven't picked up in years and got $73 with that, plus the power up card (extra 10%). To be honest I don't buy enough to pay the $15 for the power up card but with the extra 10% it actually gave me $4 more after trade in (including them taking the $15 out) so it was a no-brainer. Got GTA V and Hitman Absolution for a bunch of games I haven't touched in forever. Besides, Im the kind of gamer who plays through a campaign then doesn't touch the game again unless the online is fun. Needless to say didn't play any of the games I traded in online so no loss there.

Good idea! I just checked the shelf and I have:

Halo 4
    Modern Warfare 3
    Battlefield 3
    Battlefield Bad Company 2
    Mortal Kombat
    Red Dead Redemption
    and L.A. Noir

that haven't been touched in months. I could probably add Halo 4 to that list if I'm honest. Hopefully I can turn those into GTA V in the morning. :rockwoot:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I know, I know, I sound pathetic, but the $20 I spent on this game ($40 off since i traded in games), is hands down the best $20 I've ever spent in my life. I do feel bad for my fiance though. She's wondering when her boyfriend will return in cuddle with her in bed haha!
    Trading bed-time with a hot female for video games should require the immediate destruction of your man card. JMHO. :stickpoke:

Halo 4
    Modern Warfare 3
    Battlefield 3
    Mortal Kombat
    Red Dead Redemption
    and L.A. Noir

that haven't been touched in months. I could probably add Halo 4 to that list if I'm honest. Hopefully I can turn those into GTA V in the morning. :rockwoot:

Are those for PS3 or Xbox?

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008

Halo 4
    Modern Warfare 3
    Battlefield 3
    Mortal Kombat
    Red Dead Redemption
    and L.A. Noir

based on this list;

GameStop Trade-in Values List and FAQ 2013 Edition

which I found pretty accurate when deciding what games (most trade in value) to trade plus the 30%, looks like $31

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    0430 and just not getting to bed to be up at 8am tomorrow for class. I'm giving the game to my friend this week and I'll get it back next weekend. I can't let it distract me when I should be studying. Yes.... its gotten that bad.

Top Bottom