• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Bromley College explained to Miss Powell her cap should be removed for security reasons. “They said it was so they could ID all users of the college, so nothing can obscure their face. But all these Muslim women are walking in with scarves across their face.”

Miss Powell obviously is in need of some sensitivity training. :facepalm:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Miss Powell should just kill a few people to express her displeasure with the schools policy.
    She would then be allowed to wear her hat against policy.

I thought that only worked with "work place violence" or learning how to fly but not land?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I do not think she is nearly as out of line as the thing she is protesting. As far as I can tell, she is a citizen. It is ridiculous that in our own land, we allow non citizens to operate outside of our laws and rules. We allow non citizens to demand "their rights". We allow non citizens to define how we run our country, and we do nothing to stand in the way of them instituting their will upon us. This weakness in our society that we allow anti American foreign people to refuse to respect our rule of law is part of the reason we will soon loose our status as world power and become an impotent country of criminals and paupers.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I do not think she is nearly as out of line as the thing she is protesting. As far as I can tell, she is a citizen. It is ridiculous that in our own land, we allow non citizens to operate outside of our laws and rules. We allow non citizens to demand "their rights". We allow non citizens to define how we run our country, and we do nothing to stand in the way of them instituting their will upon us. This weakness in our society that we allow anti American foreign people to refuse to respect our rule of law is part of the reason we will soon loose our status as world power and become an impotent country of criminals and paupers.

I agree with your overall point for the most part, but being Muslim doesn't necessarily mean someone is a "non-citizen." Plus this story is from the UK I believe. It has nothing to do with "our rules." Britain has a lot of citizens who are Muslim, as does the U.S.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I wonder why this hasn't been a big deal with Jewish students wearing a yamaka, especially on high holidays? Why no protests there?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Well, it appears that "those" folks are wearing a head covering for an overtly religious reason. So, it is completely off-limits to challenge them.

This woman is wearing a hat for personal expression, not tied to any defined religion. Therefor, she is fair game.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Well, it appears that "those" folks are wearing a head covering for an overtly religious reason. So, it is completely off-limits to challenge them.

This woman is wearing a hat for personal expression, not tied to any defined religion. Therefor, she is fair game.

How you know that her hat isn't part of her religion

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    According to her, " it’s part of my identity." If it was part of some leather hat wearing religion she would have said that instead that is was just part of her identity. I'm sure a Jewish yamika or a Sikh turban are allowed as well but don't elicit the outrage like Muslim Hijabs do.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Other than her quote "“It is a small black leather cap but it’s part of my identity", I don't. Nothing indicates it IS for religious reasons, and the bulk of the article focuses on that. Deduction: her cap is not tied to a religious purpose.

You are welcome to draw your own conclusions, of course.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Ya....I alway got mad at those German Baptist girls in school always wearing those little bonnets. But I had to take off my hat....I'll get even with those Dunkard girls someday......whaaaaaa. Its not fair!!!!!!!!!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I wonder why this hasn't been a big deal with Jewish students wearing a yamaka, especially on high holidays? Why no protests there?

yarmulke.jpg

Bromley College explained to Miss Powell her cap should be removed for security reasons. “They said it was so they could ID all users of the college, so nothing can obscure their face.

Top Bottom