wedding_ring_finger_1.jpg

wedding_ring_finger_2.jpg

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I was talking to our deacon this morning and he had an incident similar to this yesterday. His drill jumped and grabbed his ring. It would have done similar damage had the ring not had a break in it and disintegrated when the drill pulled on it. All he ended up with was a small cut. Considering my wedding ring is tungsten carbide I guess I should be careful to remove it when needed.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I haven't worn my ring for almost 20 years, been married 25 years next year. Most of the places I work at as a contractor won't allow you to have them on any ways and if you do you must tape them up. And sense I'm in the electrical field and gold is a very good conductor, I just don't mess with it.

Good post on the picture to show what can happen in the blink of a eye. :yesway:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    When I went to Lincoln Tech., in 1974, my Electric teacher told me of a mechanic, whose ring shorted out on an alternator. Melted to the bone..... Don't know if that can really happen, but I remove jewelry, and the negative wire, while working around anything electric .....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    This happened to a truck driver 6 weeks ago while we were working on Kirtland AFB in New Mexico.

He jumped down from the cab and caught his ring on a screw head that was sticking out.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    You might want to put a warning for graphic pic in the title. :n00b:

No need. Marriage is more graphic than that anyway.

My ring got crushed against my finger a few times and caught on a few things.
    I have come real close to losing my finger once, and that was it for me.
    Have always heard the horror stories through the years of what can happen but ignored them.

Divorce can save your finger, your life and your soul. Not to mention your wallet. :):

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    When I went to Lincoln Tech., in 1974, my Electric teacher told me of a mechanic, whose ring shorted out on an alternator. Melted to the bone..... Don't know if that can really happen, but I remove jewelry, and the negative wire, while working around anything electric .....

I don't know about an accident at Lincoln tech, but the old mechanic at Towne and Countree Jaguar in Scherrville, IN had a big welt of scar on his ring finger that he got burned to a starter terminal. He showed me his finger and I put my ring in my pocket.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I Had to transport a guy to the Post Hospital at Ft Hood one time. He had his hand on a length of chain for support and jumped off of a M88 recovery track. His wedding ring caught and it pulled his finger off completely at the middle knuckle. Docs were able to save and reattach it. He was pretty lucky.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Only time my hubby wears his is on Sunday's and sometimes when we go out if he remembers it. Doesn't bother me any. I wear a gold band all the time and have caught it twice as I've gotten out of tractor's, but still wear it. Those pictures have given me pause though.

Top Bottom