Evansville West Side Fall Festival is here!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I love going down to Franklin Street and people watching while I chow down on some great food. Tonight I started off with a Gator Tater (Alligator meat baked potato) and Pronto Pups (Dewig hotdogs battered in pancake mix) with one of my favorites, a double sausage burger with pickles and onions! Washed it all down with delicious apple cider.

Colt and Remi loved going down there and Colt is so big this year that he walked quite a bit by himself.

If you guys go down post about your experience and the good food you had or the cool rides. Fall is great!

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    What, no JBT incident? You're slacking Ben!

It looked like they had every cop in Eville down there. There were even guys "undercover" with the little Secret Service style ear pieces and dressed up like rednecks.

But they were all pretty laid back. Colt and Remi saw a firetruck that they liked and a couple cops and firemen were trying to talk to them but they were fixated on the bright red truck in the middle of the street, lol.

s-works

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The second largest street festival in the world.

I could never understand that claim.
    Mardi gras, rio carnival, nice carnival, Saint Patty's in Ireland...I dunno..

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    The second largest street festival in the world.

I could never understand that claim.
    Mardi gras, rio carnival, nice carnival, Saint Patty's in Ireland...I dunno..

No, the claim is very specific:

2nd largest number of fat rednecks with mullets wandering on a public street for 6 straight days in AMERICA- not the world. I believe it is the 4th largest in the Western hemisphere.

Also for 2004-2006 we were THE largest in America thanks to Katrina wiping much of New Orleans off the map.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    My office will be grazing on Friday, I hope to get down there for dinner sometime too. Best people watching in the tri-state.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    By the way, the deep fried Klondike Bar is WORTH EVERY STINKING ONE of the 400 cents it takes to buy one. Down towards the rides, north side of Franklin St. No clue what .org has that booth. It's small and white....I think.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I think we will be heading down Thursday afternoon/evening. Any issues with carrying.

None. Tiff said that one of the local news stations were reporting that police held a meeting before the Fall Festival to tell the workers what was legal and specifically mentioned firearms as being allowed. Squirt guns and balloons however were off limits so I don't think the kiddos can pack their heat :laugh:

In other news, I told my wife that we do NOT need any Festival fish as souvenirs so guess how many I have in my kitchen now? 4...

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I only "saw" two firearms when I was there last evening.

One was carried OWB under an un-tucked shirt (prob late 50's / early 60's guy - long pony tail). And I spied the spring-steel clip of an IWB tuckable holster on someone's belt. I THINK he was a Nut Clubber but wouldn't bet on it.

Seriously. Get the deep fried Klondike Bar. You can thank me later.

Top Bottom