• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Okay, so after like a two month ban, I'm faced with a decision.

Do I continue on with INGO as I have in the past, or, do I leave this board forever?

If there's one thing I've learned over the past several weeks, it's that I don't need INGO. I spent a lot of time here before my ban, and at first, I was livid. The longer I stayed away from this board, the less it mattered, and now, I really have no desire to be here.

I want to thank PaulF for his understanding of the situation, and for communicating with me during my vacation. His initial action was a 48 hour "cool off" ban. I was cool with that. I probably deserved it. I accepted that.

I returned to INGO 48 hours after that ban, only to find that my ban was extended by two months. I know that this was the work of a mod/admin with more clout than Paul. I emailed admin. No response. Bunnykid68 emailed me to ask what happened, and subsequently contacted Paul to find out why my sentence was extended. This is why you'll find my friends list consists only of BK68. He was the only one who cared enough to find out what happened to me.

Thank you, Alan.

I was told by a mod who shall remain unnamed that any future infractions, for any reason, will result in a permanent bananation. Bannanation? Ban. Excessive much? I could understand and accept a probation period, even as long as 12 months, but any infraction ever? Have you met me? May as well just swing your hammer down now!

If I leave, I won't leave bitter. The majority of you guys are great people, and I've enjoyed my time here. I do think that it's time for me to say goodbye.

So, INGO, I leave it to you. I know my abrasive and caustic personality hasn't earned me many friends, and most of you probably can't stand me, so I won't expect you to beg me to stay. While I wait for poll results, I will not post, and I will not lurk. I will return in seven days to view the results, and reply to this thread.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    This is why you'll find my friends list consists only of BK68. He was the only one who cared enough to find out what happened to me.

Thank you, Alan.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d-part-85-breakfast-club-133.html#post4446049

chezuki said:
    Anybody know what happened to CPT Nervous? I haven heard from him in a while and just saw he's a "shooter" now. Anybody know what he did?

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...e-thread-part-86-top-gun-165.html#post4492645

chezuki said:
    I miss cpt nervous. Any time I would want to reply to a thread with something remotely mean, I could count on him to knock it out of the park with something way worse than anything I would say and draw all the heat on him. He's banned for a while.

Last edited:

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Dude it's the internet. If you've let it affect you this much maybe just take a break. Nothing forces you to log on. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. What kind of person looks for public approval to stay or go? No offense but these threads are pointless.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    You should stay. I thought it seemed different around here. I just couldn't figure it out though, now I figured it out.

One of my Grammar Officers was on administrative leave. :(

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Sorry, I've been on & off since July. Just life, no bans. I didn't realize anything happened. We're a community here. Even though for awhile I didn't have time to log on, I still wondered what was going on in the gun community. I learn a lot here. INGO helps me be aware of new guns and reviews of old ones. Here is where I let off steam and share laughs. I miss INGO when I am too busy to log on.

I've always liked and respected you. I'm sorry you got sucked into a banning situation. Although I am not familiar with your situation I will share with you how I felt when Ted got banned. He picked on me, he said vulgar things to me and often got the best of me but he made me laugh. He also posted a lot of interesting things on INGO. When he got banned I felt a sense of loss. I didn't even think I liked him but I mourned him in a sense. He was an INGO fixture and even he added to INGO. We all do. You always have too. I'd hate to see you leave. Please stick it out. Some day you will be glad you did.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Dude, you can't leave! There are too few of us northerners on this board as it is! Don't let the Indy centric hierarchy get to you.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I don't think I've shared a thread with you before...

Your decision is entirely personal. I've only ever left forums when I'm no longer interested in whatever topic the site is focused on. If still interested, stick around.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    CPT Nervous
    To Serve and Correct
    This message is hidden because CPT Nervous is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Remove user from ignore list

Not sure what you said but I got the gist of it from the other posters. :dunno:

Don't be a duffus!
    We all need that porky dude in the middle so we can all pick on him. Without you here, we'll have to find someone else for the task. It's already too close to the end of the year for a vote. Sense you're being so selfish here, we will need to find a volunteer or just use the back-up jester - Fenway.

Just suck it up and tell PrintCraft you're sorry for what you said and that he doesn't really smell that bad. You're not alone. We've all had to do this at some point.

If you don't comply, I will be forced to post the rest of your school camping trip - The Brokeback Fountain

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    As much as I hate to admit it, Sylvain is right, but only about this. We need you here to correct everyone's grammar. You do it so well. :)

Top Bottom