Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I'm SOMEBODY, Recognize ME! Caleb's Avatar

User Info Menu

Let's Talk Fudge

I just just made my first two batches of fudge, one with nutella and chocolate and the other with bacardi rum and chocolate...I'm waiting for them to setup.

Having said that, what fudge recipe have you or do you experiment with? I think we can get a good discussion going on here...

User Info Menu

I don't make fudge but Bacardi and chocolate? Let us know how that one is!! I made bourbon balls and am pretty sure I need to make more!

User Info Menu

I've made the bourbon balls, and yes, the rum is good, too. Had a girlfriend that drew the line at tequila balls, though.
    Geeking out on ancestry; 17th great grandson of Geoffrey Chaucer, and a bunch of dukes, knights, princesses, kings and stuff. Of course, once you turn over a rock and one king crawls out, you're pretty much infested with them. And what did I tell you? Charlemagne, Holy Roman Emperor, Charles "The Hammer" Martel, and a truckload of others. This is getting better: "The Bonny Earl O'Moray" was an ancestor, and the origin of the term mondegreen: They slew the Earl O'Moray and Lady Mondegreen

User Info Menu

I did lick the spoon after making the rum fudge batch, the alcohol did not burn out! :P

Very good!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
    I did lick the spoon after making the rum fudge batch, the alcohol did not burn out! :P

Very good!
    Can you share that recipe? I might have to make fudge too!

Shooter

User Info Menu

My wife made some Creamsicle fudge yesterday. It's really good. Uses white chocolate and orange extract. Weird thing is it tastes like a Creamsicle. Mmmmmm good!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mom45 View Post
    Can you share that recipe? I might have to make fudge too!
    ?Boozy Fudge? Rum Fudge | suzie sweet tooth

I used this recipe, only I put 8 Tbsp of of rum instead of the four it calls for.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
    ?Boozy Fudge? Rum Fudge | suzie sweet tooth

I used this recipe, only I put 8 Tbsp of of rum instead of the four it calls for.
    Thanks...that's what I do with the bourbon balls too...up the booze!

User Info Menu

How did the fudge turn out? Did it set up okay? I'm getting ready to make it and was curious as to if it was a good recipe.

Shooter

User Info Menu

I'd rather talk marzipan. Delicious. I only like peanut butter fudge and maple fudge. Regular fudge is akin to eating a bunch of chocolate, and if I wanted to do that, I'd destroy a bunch of Symphony bars.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast