• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Hi all,

Just recently started having a strange issue with our Sedona.

3.8L / 2009 / LX / 63,400 miles

All of a sudden, the key fob isn't locking or unlocking the driver door. All others work.

The door lock button on the driver control panel will actuate all other door locks BUT the driver door.

The power window buttons on the driver control panel will actuate the driver window, but NOT the other widows.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    LOL

Bought it in late '10 with 15k miles...

And your Toyota with 100k miles is still probably a better vehicle than my Kia with 63k!

(we priced out used Toyota and Honda minivans. Oh how expensive they were! Some with 2x-2.5x mileage for twice the money!)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    All of a sudden, the key fob isn't locking or unlocking the driver door. All others work.

The door lock button on the driver control panel will actuate all other door locks BUT the driver door.

Is the driver door lock actuator working at all? It could have died.

The power window buttons on the driver control panel will actuate the driver window, but NOT the other widows.

Did you get snow/water or coke/coffee in the controls? (also related to above)
    You might need to pull the switch housing and take it apart to clean it out.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I would look for wear, fraying, or just plain broken wires where the wiring from the door goes to the body by the door hinges. I have found a lot of different cars with problems right there. It is usually inside a rubber boot of some kind.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Is the driver door lock actuator working at all? It could have died.

Did you get snow/water or coke/coffee in the controls? (also related to above)
    You might need to pull the switch housing and take it apart to clean it out.

I don't know if the actuator is working or not. I know that it's not attempting to work. IE - no sounds. The locking lever moves freely when moved by hand and the actual key locks/unlocks just fine.

I don't have a voltmeter or the knowledge to remove the interior panel to go checking on connections and whatnot.

It hasn't gotten wet, either. At least not from the inside...

I would look for wear, fraying, or just plain broken wires where the wiring from the door goes to the body by the door hinges. I have found a lot of different cars with problems right there. It is usually inside a rubber boot of some kind.

hoosierdoc texted me a URL - contained within was suggesting to check the fuses - that the whole system isn't on one fuse for all 4 doors/devices. When I do that I'll be in good position to check the wiring harness as it moves near the hinges.

philselmer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    Crozet
    thursday bump - just in case someone else has come across this in their own vehicle

I just joined because this is the only place on the internet where I can find anyone with the same problem I am having. Our Sedona is a 2007, but we have basically all the same symptoms.

- Our driver side lock button doesn't actuate any locks
    - Only driver side window works from driver side switches
    - Fuel door button does not actuate the release
    - Sometimes the key fob works, sometimes it doesn't
    - Air bag light came on a couple days before this other stuff started happening
    - Battery was mostly dead the day the air bag light came on (been fine since)

I'm planning on taking a bit more of a look at it later today if I have the time, but definitely next week.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Update:

I was given a site via text message from another INGO'er that said to check the two 30a fuses that are in the under-dash fuse panel.

I did check mine - both of them were fine. (They 30a fuses are square as you view them straight on. Quite a bit different looking than the others.

After I had reinstalled both of these fuses - all functionality returned to normal on our vehicle.

I guess that means that one of those fuses had wiggled a bit loose over time and just lost positive connection.

So I'll point you to check out those fuses.

-J-

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Update to the update:

Issue has reared its ugly head once again.

I wasn't able to completely remove and re-seat the fuses like last time, though. I was able to push on them quite hard - no movement.

Issue remains after this brief fiddling with the fuses.

Top Bottom