• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    As I was driving to get breakfast I seen this truck, this is a LONG walk in 3ft drifts and -42* wind chill, looks like a good way to die, hope someone rescued the guy and no one was with him/her.

Why in the world unless you were going to die where you were would you think your 2wd truck would make it anywhere out here???
    IMG_20140107_092229348_HDR.jpg

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    It's amazing how stupid people are! I pulled some kids out of a ditch Sunday. They were driving one of those little fast and furious cars. High performance crap all over it. They had no coats on, saggy pants, and they said they were making a beer run! Kids!!!:dunno:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    They had no coats on, saggy pants, and they said they were making a beer run!

I blame The OC.

I mean Mischa Barton is crazy hot but this is not Orange County, California's climate. I see kids at the bus stop in shorts and sandals. It is moronic.

I flew down to Texas with a young guy from Corpus Christi, Texas who was dressed in ratty shorts and sandals at the Indy airport, we were both waiting for the same flight. The first two toes of his left foot where deep blue/black. I told him to go seek medical attention right away but he said that he always wore flip flops. I looked out the Indy airport window at all the ice and snow and just shook my head.

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    As I was driving to get breakfast I seen this truck, this is a LONG walk in 3ft drifts and -42* wind chill, looks like a good way to die, hope someone rescued the guy and no one was with him/her.

Why in the world unless you were going to die where you were would you think your 2wd truck would make it anywhere out here???
    IMG_20140107_092229348_HDR.jpg

This is probably what the road(Stockwell Road) I take to work looks like. Which is why I am working from home again today.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Because his taxes paid for those roads, he is a man on land, and as a great American patriot no government official can restrict his right to travel.

Exactly my sentiments. Probably an INGO Rugged Individualist and Strict Constitution Constructionalist. Hah!

If this happened in town, we ought to tell folks, travel at your own risk. If you leave your vehicle, it will be crushed.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Not a lot of sympathy on here today. Life is so easy to judge when we have zero information as to what happened or what the travel intention was.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Or, the truck could have been there before the snowfall, and had a mechanical problem.
    The snowfall prevented recovery of the vehicle.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Not a lot of sympathy on here today. Life is so easy to judge when we have zero information as to what happened or what the travel intention was.

You (not you personally….the 'royal' you) can't have it both ways. You can't be a "I'm not going to let the government restrict my rights to travel any time I wish!" kind of guy and then be empathetic to someone stuck in the same breath.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I think you can have both positions. Should we rescue mountain climbers or hikers who do it simply for the joy of adventure? This guy may have simply been going to work or to satisfy a family need.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I agree. But you're probably not one of those guys who ignores snow emergencies either. Maybe the Rugged Individualists should have a special flag on their antenna to ID them as those who ignore the needs of the community for their own selfish reasons. When they get stuck, the sand trucks push them out of the way.

The guy in the foto isn't a hazard, but the idiot down my block who got stuck in a drift under the transformers caused Duke Energy some heartburn for awhile.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I don't understand getting a fancy new big truck when it's only 2WD. I pulled out of my driveway the other day and a nice new truck was spinning it's wheels halfway in his driveway and in the street. I got out to help him. Just then I look back and my neighbor across the street tried backing his truck out into the street and got stuck. Went back to help him. I said, "is it 4WD?" He said, "yea" yet his rear wheels where spinning all over the place while his front wheels weren't engaging. Nice time to find out you DON'T have 4WD.
    :ugh:

Top Bottom