• ...and so much more!
  • Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    ....is so frustrating:bash:.

I have a couple of G's to spend. Been looking at the usual sites but no luck.
    Looking for something like a Saturn, Ford Taurus, Nissan....I'm flexable, but want something that runs and get's decent milage and doesn't have a title from KY.

Anybody know of something, or a honest dealer(I know there out there)?

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I also having been 'looking' and it's very disheartening. I can remember when dropping about $800 got a great used car. Now it's more like 4 or $5000.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I've dealt with Tom Woods twice and they're pretty decent people. They have quite a few used lots and carry cars from a wide range of manufacturers. Penske also seems pretty good. Both are online with their used catalogue. I don't know that I'd touch a Saturn now. They're all aging rapidly and have no company to back them up anymore.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I've dealt with Tom Woods twice and they're pretty decent people. They have quite a few used lots and carry cars from a wide range of manufacturers. Penske also seems pretty good. Both are online with their used catalogue. I don't know that I'd touch a Saturn now. They're all aging rapidly and have no company to back them up anymore.

The aftermarket is backing them up. Just harder to find "OEM" parts. But you can find parts everywhere still just not made by the OEM.

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    I'm considering Saturn's because, being discontinued, they tend have a lower resale, but the truth is, parts are,and will be available for years and any GM Dealer will service them. And they are pretty dependable cars.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Seems to me when I was 16 (12 yrs ago) the cars I was buying for 3-4,000 were 6-10 yrs old with <90K miles on them. Not anymore. Paid $9,500 a year ago for an 05 grand Cherokee with 87K miles on it, and for these days I thought THAT was pretty good.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I will never go to a dealer for a used car again.
    It's hard to get a good car for 2 Gs. The decent cars go for 3-4 K it seems.
    You might get lucky on Craigs List but you know how that is ... It doesn't hurt to look there. At least get an idea of what cars are being listed for if not what they're actually selling for.

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I can remember when dropping about $800 got a great used car. Now it's more like 4 or $5000.

I wonder if "Cash for Clunkers" has caused this spike? I'm with you in the $800 deal. My first car was $400, second car was $600, and this was early to mid 90's. Seems like a drastic jump in price for the same quality of vehicle.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    I know what you mean OP, I've been looking all day. A couple but nothing great.
    I've sent a couple emails since there was no number, hopefully I"ll hear something soon.
    Seems like I can find them for other people in no time :xmad:

Hoosier8

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Just bought a used car from a dealer but it was higher priced and that is what they like to deal with.

Bought my last used car from a private seller. It was a 93 Cherokee for 2K. Turned out to be one of the best cars I have owned and drove it for around 12 years.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I thought all you had to do was say that you didn't know where to start and a big white line that says "start" showed up on the ground? Look down, if you see it it'll start moving, follow it....

Top Bottom