Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Finding a used car........

....is so frustrating.

I have a couple of G's to spend. Been looking at the usual sites but no luck.
    Looking for something like a Saturn, Ford Taurus, Nissan....I'm flexable, but want something that runs and get's decent milage and doesn't have a title from KY.

Anybody know of something, or a honest dealer(I know there out there)?

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I also having been 'looking' and it's very disheartening. I can remember when dropping about $800 got a great used car. Now it's more like 4 or $5000.

Shooter

User Info Menu

I've dealt with Tom Woods twice and they're pretty decent people. They have quite a few used lots and carry cars from a wide range of manufacturers. Penske also seems pretty good. Both are online with their used catalogue. I don't know that I'd touch a Saturn now. They're all aging rapidly and have no company to back them up anymore.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mrjarrell View Post
    I've dealt with Tom Woods twice and they're pretty decent people. They have quite a few used lots and carry cars from a wide range of manufacturers. Penske also seems pretty good. Both are online with their used catalogue. I don't know that I'd touch a Saturn now. They're all aging rapidly and have no company to back them up anymore.
    The aftermarket is backing them up. Just harder to find "OEM" parts. But you can find parts everywhere still just not made by the OEM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I'm considering Saturn's because, being discontinued, they tend have a lower resale, but the truth is, parts are,and will be available for years and any GM Dealer will service them. And they are pretty dependable cars.

User Info Menu

Seems to me when I was 16 (12 yrs ago) the cars I was buying for 3-4,000 were 6-10 yrs old with <90K miles on them. Not anymore. Paid $9,500 a year ago for an 05 grand Cherokee with 87K miles on it, and for these days I thought THAT was pretty good.

User Info Menu

cars.com. Great selection
    On the other side of fear lies freedom.

Master

User Info Menu

I will never go to a dealer for a used car again.
    It's hard to get a good car for 2 Gs. The decent cars go for 3-4 K it seems.
    You might get lucky on Craigs List but you know how that is ... It doesn't hurt to look there. At least get an idea of what cars are being listed for if not what they're actually selling for.
    no longer a member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmfan View Post
    I can remember when dropping about $800 got a great used car. Now it's more like 4 or $5000.
    I wonder if "Cash for Clunkers" has caused this spike? I'm with you in the $800 deal. My first car was $400, second car was $600, and this was early to mid 90's. Seems like a drastic jump in price for the same quality of vehicle.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast