• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FortWayneGunfighter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    The desert...
    I know several of us on INGO are in law enforcementmy question to you all is what is your departments/your own stance on swat Medics? I have been giving more and more thought on what to do once my contract is up with the military and i want a medical related job where ii am still around firearms also preferably reservist friendly..

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I know several of us on INGO are in law enforcementmy question to you all is what is your departments/your own stance on swat Medics? I have been giving more and more thought on what to do once my contract is up with the military and i want a medical related job where ii am still around firearms also preferably reservist friendly..

We have medics that train and go on callouts with SWAT and EOD. I love having them around. There are severa officersl certified EMTs on both teams as well. In order to be a tactical medic you have to work for IEMS, IFD or one of the township FDs.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    My cousin-in-law is the medical officer on the Fort Wayne Police Dept. SWAT detail. He likes it and they're always rading some meth lab/drug house somewhere it seems...

-Phil

FortWayneGunfighter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    The desert...
    We have medics that train and go on callouts with SWAT and EOD. I love having them around. There are severa officersl certified EMTs on both teams as well. In order to be a tactical medic you have to work for IEMS, IFD or one of the township FDs.
    Ah so they arent actually armed officers unless they are emt certified officers? I suppose that makes sense

FortWayneGunfighter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    The desert...
    My cousin-in-law is the medical officer on the Fort Wayne Police Dept. SWAT detail. He likes it and they're always rading some meth lab/drug house somewhere it seems...

-Phil
    Sad fact that it is such a problem in the fort and indiana as a whole, ideally i would like to end up with either fort wayne or allen countys departments as thats where im from

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Actually they have been granted "special police" status by the Director of Public Safety". They are only considered "police" while hey are on duty and working with the team. They have very, very limited authority and the status was basically allowed so that they could be armed while working with us and have a means to defend themselves.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Actually they have been granted "special police" status by the Director of Public Safety". They are only considered "police" while hey are on duty and working with the team. They have very, very limited authority and the status was basically allowed so that they could be armed while working with us and have a means to defend themselves.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm glad to see the Director took that staff study and implemented the suggestions.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Always nice when a plan comes together, especially when it involves a leader doing the right thing. They'd been tying to get that done for 20 years.

Top Bottom