• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I s'pose I'll start the thread. I still think it would be neat to track these pups' growth over the next several months......

Here's Luka... 5 weeks, and 8 pounds

luka5weeks.jpg

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    ... after rasslin' around with him Sunday, my hands and arms look like I could very well have brought home a bear cub. :eek:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Ok she has a name :) Grumpe and I decided on Mosin. She makes a lot of noise,likes to be flashy,and will eat anything lol.We did not start out with a gun name in mind,but Grumpe had the idea and it seemed to fit.
    qxqx7d.jpg

Mosin

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Nope, I didn't breed him at all..... ;) The owner said the mom is Siberian Husky and German Shepherd, and the dad is part Chow. The dog we have now is part Chow, and he weighs in at around 60 pounds. I'm guessing this one should end up that size, or larger.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    So I thought we may have brought home the run of the pack since all the other puppies were out rolling around and playing and she just tried to hide. For the first day or so she didnt do anything but hide and walk around wining. That was until we finally introduced my full grown black lab to her and she has not calmed down since. Jade (the puppy) climbs up onto the couch and waits for Haley (the lab) to walk under her and she jumps onto her back biting at her ears...haha. Oh and this dog DOES NOT SLEEP! She wants to play 24/7! I wish I had that much energy...

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    So I thought we may have brought home the run of the pack since all the other puppies were out rolling around and playing and she just tried to hide. For the first day or so she didnt do anything but hide and walk around wining. That was until we finally introduced my full grown black lab to her and she has not calmed down since. Jade (the puppy) climbs up onto the couch and waits for Haley (the lab) to walk under her and she jumps onto her back biting at her ears...haha. Oh and this dog DOES NOT SLEEP! She wants to play 24/7! I wish I had that much energy...
    Sleep...not sure what that actually is anymore lol. Mosin our puppy sleeps in little 45 min naps.And for some reason 3:30 am means it is breakfast time(like clockwork every single night).But other than the lack of sleep a great puppy!

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    We've got things pretty easy with ours and sleep. Luka takes hour naps during the day and one of us runs his little fanny until he crashes again. I built a temporary fence to split the yard, and keep him in half of it, but he didn't like it and tore the fence down the second night.... I don't mean got through it, I mean destroyed it. :cool: Rebuilt it with re-bar, and it's staying......... thus far.

Once the sun goes down, around 9pm, he goes in his outside enclosure with a Dogloo, and water, and about 100 square feet to move around in for the night. First and second night, he whined and barked a bit. but now he just goes inside the Dogloo, and crashes. The only down side is, that after resting all night, he's fully charged for about two hours in the morning. After about an hour and a half I hand him off to my wife when I leave for work. He's gonna be worth every bit of effort when all is said and done.

Mike, thanks again. :yesway:

straittactical

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   1
    Dec 16, 2008
    puppies

jay,
    no need to say thanks to me, i should be saying thanks to you guys for helping me get rid of the puppies. i dont know what i would do with all these little things. If i could i would keep every one of them they are all really cute. i think its neat you guys started a thread on the puppies it got my girlfriend hooked on INGO now??? :rockwoot: she keeps up on this tread and while she is on here she looks at all the other stuff people post. so this may help me get her into letting me get more Guns, Ammo, and SHTF gear and equitment.

again thanks and we are watching this thread to see the puppies grow and hear about your experiences with the puppies

Jay

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Here's a couple from this evening.....

It's no easy task to catch him motionless, AND awake...:rolleyes:

luka2apr09.jpg

luka3apr09.jpg

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Ruger and Sadie roughhousing this evening.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-boYuifg_k&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - Ruger and Sadie playing 001[/ame]

Top Bottom