Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 192 of 199 FirstFirst ... 92 142 182 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 1981
    Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by snorko View Post
    The position of the sun at noon on the equinox is a good indicator.

As I previously stated, Indiana can ONLY be leading edge or trailing edge, we will never be near the equinox in the current time zone system.

Great, just do away with time zones altogether and set your clocks by the equinox. In a time zone that spans near 1000 miles only one little spot gets perfect noon at the equinox. The rest just have to deal with it. Most of this discussion is about modern living, that needs time zones for travel and interconnected commerce and hours employees work in relation to daylight.
    Last edited by Ingomike; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:23.

Expert

User Info Menu

Why do most businesses start at 8-9 am?

Why not start work at noon throug 8-9 pm. Then folks could go home to bed, get up early in the morning to get their personal stuff done before work.

Those against the current time structure, change it to one you like.

What at would you propose as a better use of time in relation to the sun, work and personal time?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ingomike View Post
    Why do most businesses start at 8-9 am?

Why not start work at noon throug 8-9 pm. Then folks could go home to bed, get up early in the morning to get their personal stuff done before work.

Those against the current time structure, change it to one you like.

What at would you propose as a better use of time in relation to the sun, work and personal time?

Because all of us aren't hookers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Duck View Post
    Because all of us aren't hookers.
    Thanks for sharing your knowledge of "hookers" as most of us have no idea...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by snorko View Post
    See a leading contributor to the angst is that most of Indiana is in the wrong time zone.
    Agreed!

Ah yes, an early morning type living on the wrong side of a time zone. If one is an early riser the eastern side is where you want to be, as the natural and normal sun rise is almost an hour earlier. Move to Illinois and you get you hour in the morning. Look on the bright side, you live on the freedom loving side of of the time zones...

As for going to bed at 8pm, you are missing a lot of life. Mother used to say nothing good ever happens after midnight, but she was wrong it is fun. Well maybe we should see what the 4 judges say before making a final decision... LOL
    I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't... move east to the freedom-hating states, or move west to Illinois - another freedom-hating state.
    And I'm missing nothing (except for prime time Colts games). I'm gaining a lot of productive time between 4 a.m. and say, 6:00 or 7:00 a.m. with my job. There's nobody there to bug me then. And in the summer, if the sun came up at 05:00, I'd be good with that. I could get yard work done before it gets hot. I see no downside to that.
    Last edited by DoggyDaddy; 4 Weeks Ago at 17:28.

User Info Menu

Three more days.
    Knowledge keeps one from being vulnerable.

User Info Menu

Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chef larry View Post
    Three more days.
    Ahhh, an extra hour of sleep Saturday night...

ATM

User Info Menu

Ahhh, an extra hour of sleep Saturday night...
    That's all there is to celebrate for switching everything back to a sluggard-time schedule for 4 months?

One extra hour of slumber one night?

That's it???

Come on, at least make up something more. Even a fake reason to keep going back to a different winter schedule would be better than that.

www.reveresriders.org

Say no to drugs. Say yes to bacon!

KLB

User Info Menu

I really don't understand this extra hour of sleep. I'll be waking up about the same time I always do. Sunday the clock will simply say it is an hour earlier than it did Saturday.

They shouldn't just drop a hellfire missile on your café experience...Rand Paul