Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Dollar shave club?

Looking over the options they have, it seems like its a pretty good deal. Anybody use them? Any hidden fees? Are the razors decent?

User Info Menu

I actually just signed up. I'll post back when I get them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy219 View Post
    I'll go... But then again, I'll go either way.

Originally Posted by xfrostybeersx
    Hey now I'm on top of Larry!

Shooter

User Info Menu

I see ads all the time on Facebook but don't know anybody who has used the service yet. I am also curious to know if it is a good deal.

User Info Menu

Just looked at their site. I don't think it would be worth it for me. I only change my blade about every 1 1/2 - 2 months or so. I could join for 2 months and quit I guess!

User Info Menu

I've been doing the dollar shave club thing for a few years now, and it's the best! I get the 4x, and putting a new blade in every week (or so) is really nice. No longer do I have to curse spending $30/month for good blades at the store, or keep using an old, worn out blade to save a few bucks.

The razors are pretty darn good. It costs me exactly $6/month. After a bit over a year, a part of my razor's handle broke. I emailed them about it and they sent me a new one at no charge.

I highly recommend the DSC.

User Info Menu

I know a few people that used them before they decided to stop shaving. One guy still uses them because he shaves to keep a good seal on his mask (volunteer firefighter). He has always seemed to like them and thinks it is a good deal.
    We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. ~Aesop

Semi-Moderator

User Info Menu

My question about the blades is do they clean out easily? Every blade besides the Gillette Mach/Fusion clogs with whiskers way to easy.it can be almost impossible to get the other blades clean enough so they work. That is the only reason I still use them. I shave my head about 4 times a week and my face 5-6 times.

Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>>
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...ing-video.html

How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

# 22951

Expert

User Info Menu

(Referral links to Amazon below fyi)

Bigtanker, go get a nice Double Edge handle like this here:

Amazon.com: Merkur Classic Safety Razor, Straight: Health & Personal Care

and pick up these blades:

Amazon.com: Derby Extra Double Edge Razor Blades, 100 Count: Beauty

Now, if you want a great shaving cream I like the Taylor of old Bond Street stuff here:

Amazon.com: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream Bowl, 5.3-Ounce: Beauty

Now get yourself a nice badger brush:

Amazon.com: Escali 100% Pure Badger Shaving Brush: Health & Personal Care

And you are all set for life (except for maybe $10 every 4-5 years for blades.

My dad learned to shave with a DE blade, and I've used one for over a decade. $30 bought me roughly 15 years worth of blades.

User Info Menu

I too use DSC.
    I just use the humble twin and it works really well.
    I don't think the blades last any longer than other blades. I just don't care about changing one out because I don't need to sell a gun to buy more razor blades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    You know I love you.

User Info Menu

I signed up for them a couple of years ago, right when they first started. My son did the same.

Within a few weeks, I started getting more SPAM email than I thought possible. Then my son's and his roommate's debit cards, that they used on the site, were both compromised. That was the only place they could think of where they had both used the cards. It turned us off of DSC pretty quick.

Then we did some research. It turns out that DSC gets their blades & handles from Dorco USA. This is their web site: DORCO - Disposable Razors, Shaving Systems, Shavers, 6 Blade, Blades, Cartridges, Cartridge, Mens, Womens

I ordered about a year's supply from them. That initial order is just about gone now, but they have been great and were quite a bit less expensive than DSC.

Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast