• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Had to get involved mildly. A father and son that's always going at each others throat. The son doesn't live there anymore, but everytime he comes around with his girl, something goes down.

I watched out the window as the son and girl drove away screaming. They parked around the corner and the son came back around the corner with bricks in his hand. The father had a shovel. The son threw the bricks and the father dodged them and then he started chasing him with the shovel.

The son said "I wish I had a gun right now cause I'd pop you!" He went back around the corner for a minute and I knew he wasn't done. He then came back around the corner with a neighbor in tow both of them armed with shovels. I think the neighbor didn't know what was really going down cause he started backing off. The father had his back turned talking to another neighbor when the boy (teen) started running and preparing for full swing. It was too late for me to jump out the door to scream at the father to watch out. The son hit the dad square in the back of the neck and sent him to the ground. He wasn't moving. I called 911, gave the address and description of the event. It was like 5 minutes before the fire dept showed up. The kid took off with his GF in the car while I was talking on the phone.

Before they showed up, the kid and the GF came back again, parked in front of the house and got out walking up to the house with the shovel in his hand. The father had already been taken back into the house after he somewhat regained consciousness. I pulled my shirt to clear my handgun and screamed at the kid to get the F away from the house NOW! He left pretty quickly and I didn't have to leave my yard.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Good job calling the authorities. Hopefully Dad presses charges.

Seriously doubt it. He sent the cops, the EMT's and the firefighters away. Didn't let them in his house. He came out to "put it to rest" with them as he stumbled back and forth in a daze. He's probably pissed that I called the popo in. Him and 2 other guys went walking past my house, so I went out there and asked if he was OK. He gave me some weird ass looks and I said "I don't want to get involved between you and your son, I just want to know if you're ok." He went on some street rant saying "This is how we are!" I just left it at that and walked away.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I remember once when I was younger there was a fight behind my house that woke my daughter up. I called the police, remained in my house and didn't get involved because it was the smart thing to do.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Next thing you know OP both the father AND the son will stop fighting each other and turn their attentions on you. Best not to get involved.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I stayed as uninvolved as I could without letting more harm happen. I stayed in my yard and was 100 ft from the incident. I used my voice to detur the youngin from causing more damage. It's at least what I'd hope for in return.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I agree with Little Tommy, Holy crap!! I bet Thanksgiving is real interesting around that house.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I stayed as uninvolved as I could without letting more harm happen. I stayed in my yard and was 100 ft from the incident. I used my voice to detur the youngin from causing more damage. It's at least what I'd hope for in return.

I couldnt just let someone get beat with a shovel if I have the means to stop it. Cops cannot get there in the next 5 seconds.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I couldnt just let someone get beat with a shovel if I have the means to stop it. Cops cannot get there in the next 5 seconds.

Yeah, it was one swing and it was over. By the time the father was on the ground, I was on the phone in the front yard. I know domestic disturbances can be very dangerous for third parties so I kept that in mind while guiding help.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    My anti gun GF was like...where are the cops?? after a few minutes had passed. It was a well placed "that's why they say, when seconds count, the cops are only minutes away"

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Ya'll better not be judging me and my dad. Sometimes things get a little heated when he tells me to stop dating my sister because he wants a shot with her.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sounds like Dad might be an insufferable A$$Hat . The fruit never falls far from the tree.

You did the right thing. That whole thing was out of hand before you got involved.
    Family dynamics are tough to judge. If you want to fight....keep it inside. If you are running up and down the streets with shovel and mean to do harm then it has to end. Keep the family business confined to your home. If it spills out on the street it is no longer just family business.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You're in the minority apparently. Seems half of INGO would watch someone getting murdered just to avoid "getting involved."

To easy to get arrested and then sued. Or is it the other way around.....:dunno:

Seriously, people are so concerned about self preservation these days both physically and financially.

Top Bottom