Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 227 of 232 FirstFirst ... 127 177 217 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 2315
    Master

User Info Menu

Scored a bottle of Blantons today at Market District. You just never know and have to ask everywhere.

Master

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by indysims View Post
    Henry McKenna BIB just won a serious award at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition.

I haven't had it but, I'll keep an eye out for it.

https://coolmaterial.com/food-drink/...eid=e1d8a64080

I was able to score a bottle of this McKenna 10 YO bond. Have not tasted yet.

https://gearpatrol.com/2019/04/12/he...y-controversy/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by melensdad View Post
    There are plenty of bourbon websites for trading and buy/sell that are far far far cheaper. Not as cheap as MSRP, but not crazy stupid. If you want some Pappy 15 you can find it far more reasonably priced that $1200. In fact close to a thousand dollars cheaper.
    Close to 1000 cheaper than 1200 for 15yr old pappy secondary? Id have to see it with my own eyes to believe it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ingomike View Post
    Scored a bottle of Blantons today at Market District. You just never know and have to ask everywhere.
    If I asked for BLANDton's my local guys would think I bumped my head

User Info Menu

Went shopping at Meijer's this morning. Their prices on bourbon are usually pretty good.

They are having a sale on Bourbon/liquor/wine. Got a bottle of 10YO Bulleit for $20 off their usual price.

Don

Master

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nazgul View Post
    Went shopping at Meijer's this morning. Their prices on bourbon are usually pretty good.

They are having a sale on Bourbon/liquor/wine. Got a bottle of 10YO Bulleit for $20 off their usual price.

Don
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    If I asked for BLANDton's my local guys would think I bumped my head
    We certainly have discussed the factors affecting supplies at our local stores. I have previously mentioned that I think the pressure big box stores like Kroger, Megier, Costco have put on the distillers and distributors to get much of the good stuff that is affordable in their stores is a big change and a newer development in the alcohol market. When Costco takes two cases that is four half cases local stores used to get. Multiplied by a lot of big box stores that is a lot of small local stores get nothing anymore, they just don't have the buying clout...

I too have to buy at big box or mega chain liquor stores, but sure don't like it...

User Info Menu

Saw this the other night on Direct TV...

Cool doc on bourbon making in Kentucky.

I swear 3/4 of the people in it are Jim Beam's great-great grandkids. Guess family trees don't branch much down there.

And though slightly over $50, think I paid $58, I finally found Burning Chair right here in Elkhart. My previous bottles were imported from Kaliforina and Missouri...

My son, son in law, and me all love bourbon, but we have very different tastes. Burning Chair is the one bourbon we all agree on. And we all put it at #1 for anything below the "exotic" price point.

They also make an American whiskey and a rye, both well below $50, that are good too.
    Necessity is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

User Info Menu

I don't drink at all anymore, but I do buy bottles as gifts on occasion. I live in close proximity to Louisville and I'm wondering about a couple of things. If I were to drive to Bardstown or some of the local distilleries would I be able to find these rare-ish versions in their gift shop(s)? Also, the SDF airport has a "Bourbon Store" located after security that has a lot of variety; in fact, that's why I looked at this thread... to see what ppl were looking for on the chance they have it.

Surely someone has tried these angles, haven't they?
    I push back.

User Info Menu

Just got a bottle of Buffalo Trace this week on sale for $20. For that price, it's pretty good.

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk
    Necessity is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !

User Info Menu

I picked up a bottle of Slaughterhouse yesterday on a whim and have not tried it yet.

VUPDblue's Rule #1: Don't be a jerk.

Marion County Fish and Game.Central Indiana's best shooting
    sports facility!

Rules of the INGO Classifieds

INGO rules of conduct

INGO Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)