Page 241 of 243 FirstFirst ... 141 191 231 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 2421

Thread: Best bourbon under $50?

User Info Menu

Bardstown DISCOVERY is pretty amazing, at 122.21 proof its a potent drink too so a very little goes a long way. I've got bottles of 4 or 5 different Bardstown offerings in my bourbon cabinets.

FUSION is OK, but I am honestly underwhelmed. I'd take a regular bottle of Makers Mark over FUSION as a better value. But then again, I think all bourbon should be judged against Makers Mark, it is my baseline for all bourbons. If something costs twice as much as MM it needs to be twice as good, costs 3x as much as MM it needs to be 3x as good. I'm not convinced that FUSION is actually better, but it costs more.

* Just my opinion and worth no more than what you paid for it.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Yeah I've only had one of the discoveries -- very rye heavy one that's quite good but sweeter than I like. Lady LOVES it. Generally the discoveries are more $$ than I feel like spending.

I'm very much not a makers fan, but I know lots of people love it. I'll take turkey over makers, personally, but again all a matter of taste. There arent really any BAD bourbons, and the best ones are impossible to find so in the end just a matter of what you like.

Quote Originally Posted by melensdad View Post
    Bardstown DISCOVERY is pretty amazing, at 122.21 proof its a potent drink too so a very little goes a long way. I've got bottles of 4 or 5 different Bardstown offerings in my bourbon cabinets.

FUSION is OK, but I am honestly underwhelmed. I'd take a regular bottle of Makers Mark over FUSION as a better value. But then again, I think all bourbon should be judged against Makers Mark, it is my baseline for all bourbons. If something costs twice as much as MM it needs to be twice as good, costs 3x as much as MM it needs to be 3x as good. I'm not convinced that FUSION is actually better, but it costs more.

* Just my opinion and worth no more than what you paid for it.

User Info Menu

Picked up a bottle of the limited edition Elijah Craig TOASTED BARREL

I think it was $69 so a bit over the price point. Pretty darn good stuff.

User Info Menu

SOOOO good. I love it in my top 3. I also love Redneck Riveria the owner is John Rich. Its under $20 and might be some of the smoothest no bite stuff I've ever had. Infact after having Breck and Redneck I'm done drinking Jack.. Its over priced and just doesn't do it for me anymore

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jsharmon7 View Post
    For a nice budget bourbon, try the new Benchmark iterations from Buffalo Trace. They have a bonded, a single barrel, a cask strength, and a “top floor.” I got the single barrel and it’s very good for $20-$25.
    Agreed.. Buffalo Trace is always a solid choice!

User Info Menu

Infact Im going to Great Smokey National Park in two weeks and going to be near Pigeon Forge, gonna be hitting up Old Forged Moonshine anyone know of some must visit distillery down that way?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lilbear0880 View Post
    Infact Im going to Great Smokey National Park in two weeks and going to be near Pigeon Forge, gonna be hitting up Old Forged Moonshine anyone know of some must visit distillery down that way?
    If u go through Chattanooga they have a distillary there

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lilbear0880 View Post
    Agreed.. Buffalo Trace is always a solid choice!
    I have yet to try BT. Prolly about time.

Last real surprise I had was Bulleit Rye. Real nice at the price point. I'll try some other ryes because of that one.
    Parkerizing lollipops since 1973.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Bulleit has never steered me wrong. Hell, I even prefer it to some of the higher end stuff.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierNation33 View Post
    Bulleit has never steered me wrong. Hell, I even prefer it to some of the higher end stuff.
    There is a lot of high end stuff that is not worth the money.

I love to try high end bourbons but I keep myself grounded with a basic (or two). Makers Mark is the bourbon by which I judge all others. If I spend $150 for a bottle, and I do, then I expect it to be a lot better, or at least a lot different and somewhat better, than a $30 bottle.