• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    44 today. I've ripened but I have not peaked. I'm yet to be over ANY hill but I've conquered many summits. I am an artist, a teacher and a warrior. Like a multifaceted gem, I just require a little polishing here and there to once again sparkle in the face of adversity. Have a great day everyone!

Also, just recieved a glowing reply from Dr. Ginther at the National Museum of the Marine Corps in Quantico, VA regarding the submission of this painting to the museum. It has been sent to the museums head curator for final decision. The moment I finished the painting, it served it's purpose for me. I decided to donate it.

oilfires.jpg

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Best wishes and a happy birthday, young welp.

On the painting, which I do like, is it depicting oil well fires somewhere farther east?

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Best wishes and a happy birthday, young welp.

On the painting, which I do like, is it depicting oil well fires somewhere farther east?

Yes it is. I was in a fox hole sometime in the late evening when it started looking like the sun was rising to the north. We humped through 4 inches of crude oil as we neared the oil fields. After taking over 200 POW's we entered the oil fields blazing in the blackest of black. My poncho melted from the heat, and oil was raining down on us. We were told to hold our position from higher command because we had moved more swiftly than the rest of the ground units. The sand was blacked with oil that shimmered the reflections of the fires. Portions of the ground were on fire. I told my Marines to dig a hasty fox hole to fit the four of us to retain body heat and to cover our selves with a few serviceable ponchos. We slept for 20 minutes and was on the move once again towards Kuwait city to take back the airport.

My memory of this area was the epitome of hell.

Top Bottom