Any Exterminators out there? I have an ant infestation!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I hve had ants in my house for several years and can't seem to get rid of them. I have paid Exterminators hundreds of dollars, only for them to remain. I think they're going through my attic, back and forth from the Kitchen to the Bathroom. Does anyone know of a good ant poison? BTW, my house is on a slab, but have not seen anything coming through the floor. I have a lot of them on the upper walls of the Bathroom. Thanks for any responses.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My Dad had good luck with this. Just put a few drops where they travel, they're supposed to take it back to the nest and eliminate the source. Doesn't mean they won't come back though. Bugs were here before we built houses and will be here long after we're gone. You'll either have to eliminate the food source or eliminate their entry route for them to be completely gone.

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've been using the Terro, and it seemed to work well. For some reason it stopped. They eat it and keep coming day after day... Just ordered the Max Force from Amazon.

PaulJF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Linden
    This may seem odd, but it works.
    Cut a drinking straw into 2 inch lengths. Mix borax with mint jelly and fill the straw with the mixture. Tape the straws under sinks, cabinets, behind appliances, or anywhere you see ants. It keeps the kids and pets from getting into them and kills the ants

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I find that Amdro ant block crystals around the foundation every couple months works well. I see ants, I sprinkle. Ants go away for a couple months. Lather, rinse, repeat.

And for me, the jug size lasts 2-3 years.

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wow! Didn't expect so many good responses! Thanks everyone. I've got a weekend to work on it with these suggestions, and will keep you posted if it works. If not, someone already gave me the number of a pro. My wife is ready to take the coach gun to these things. :ar15: And that ain't good for nobody! :laugh:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Terro seems to work OK and Andro works around the outside, but for an immediate barrier and killer try the big container of Black Flag with the wand applicator (I get mine at Lowe's). It works really well and keeps them away for a good long time. Sets up a good barrier and the wand makes it easier to get into tight and hard to reach spaces. Works real well behind cabinets.

Shop BLACK FLAG 1.33-Gallon Ready-To-Use Pump Extreme Home Insect Control at Lowes.com

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Also you might want to see if you have any tree limbs or shrubs touching the outside of your house. The ants will use that as a ladder to get into your house. Trim the limbs or shrubs so they aren't against the side or roof and the ants no longer have a ladder.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I just found a huge wasp nest under the insulation in my unfinished basement. If this were outside I would tackle it, but I'm afraid to **** them off in my house. Anybody have suggestion for reputable exterminator in Avon/Plainfield/Greater Indy area.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    They'll keep hitting that terro until they die off. In my case it was 6 weeks (and several traps replaced) initially. Even when the traps were beings used, we could at least see they were going for the traps, and not into our cabinets anymore! I fought for several years trying to get rid of them until I found terro.
    Now each spring I put a few outdoor traps around the house for good measure. No issues since I started using the stuff.

Top Bottom