• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    So many of these social media campaigns end like this. Bank of America tried something like this a few years back. I guess they had forgotten the 10s of thousands of people whose houses they foreclosed.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    The bigger a police department the more d-bags there are in it. The same percentage as a smaller department.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I dunno, doesn't seem to be that many responses. Of course the freaks will be loud and proud with something like that. On the BofA thing, they foreclosed because people weren't living up to the contract they signed. Not sure why people would be mad over that.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I dunno, doesn't seem to be that many responses. Of course the freaks will be loud and proud with something like that. On the BofA thing, they foreclosed because people weren't living up to the contract they signed. Not sure why people would be mad over that.

1st, they offered loans to people that couldn't afford them. Those people are still culpable, no one made them sign. But loans were made knowing they couldn't be paid back.

2nd, some foreclosures were on servicemen serving overseas in violation of the law.

3rd, some foreclosures were on people that didn't even have a mortgage.
    A case of incorrect information.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    The point isn't that BofA shouldn't have foreclosed on the homes, but the fact that they're running a social media campaign that gives an open forum to millions of people who hate them.

It's just not a well thought out marketing strategy.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    On the BofA thing, they foreclosed because people weren't living up to the contract they signed. Not sure why people would be mad over that.

Maybe some people were mad because in the context you describe BofA was a bit hypocritical. When they didn't live up to their end of some deals, they had the politician friends take money out of your pocket and mine to make payments.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The point isn't that BofA shouldn't have foreclosed on the homes, but the fact that they're running a social media campaign that gives an open forum to millions of people who hate them.

It's just not a well thought out marketing strategy.

that I agree with. Social media is a double-edged sword.

BankofAmigo, I get it. I just get tired of people walking on their own into a bank and signing a mortgage and then whining about the bank lending to them. Don't forget the banks were threatened big time by Congress for not loaning to particular groups because they didn't have the financial requirements. So they started doing so, and destroyed the market.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    that I agree with. Social media is a double-edged sword.

BankofAmigo, I get it. I just get tired of people walking on their own into a bank and signing a mortgage and then whining about the bank lending to them. Don't forget the banks were threatened big time by Congress for not loaning to particular groups because they didn't have the financial requirements. So they started doing so, and destroyed the market.

True. Sub prime lending is not just the bank's fault, but the recipient of the loan as well. Predatory lending is horrifying though. I lost my job in '08, a good one where I worked hard and was paid decent. A guy I knew was talking about his job one day, as a subprime lending agent, angry because he only cleared 250k this year instead of 350k. I wanted to punch him. Romney, with his "deregulation of the banks" campaign, turned me away big time. There has to be SOME kind of restraint and with our increasingly idiotic society, these restrictions sometimes become necessary.

I've started to see a trend in companies hiring "social media experts" that are kids straight out of college that are brain dead in terms of cause and effect. Sure, they can whip up an awesome marketing campaign or website ricky-tick, but experience is lacking. A company I worked for right after the recession of '08 decided to hire one, who promptly put a "comments" section on our website that posted in real time. She was horrified at the sheer volume negative comments until someone snapped her to reality: Only the cranks post on there, rarely will a satisfied customer post something as they are satisfied, they have little reason or drive to show their satisfaction, compared to someone who feels wronged (and mostly a perceived not actual wrong). She tried and tried, searching through her books to find some information on that, something that was written in stone, she could not believe that is how it was. She eventually would close people off in the workplace, no longer taking feedback, "no, that's not how it is, you in sales aren't making customers happy" and so on, stating that the comments section was absolutely necessary to be visible to the community, for "transparency sake". Eventually, company management got rid of her, she just couldn't grasp real world concepts, just what she was taught in school.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    10290666_10152370007346944_3895299331718098678_n.jpg

Top Bottom