300-Rise-of-an-Empire_zpsf2428956_1398972388.jpg

COME AND CLICK THEM

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Why do you think the police ride motorcycles? To zip past cars to see who is wearing a seat belt or not and ask like Joan Rivers " Can We Talk"?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'll probably get flamed for being a stupid liberal because that's the standard argument for anyone who has a different opinion, but why not just wear the seat belt instead of b****ing about the cops who catch people breaking the law?

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I'll probably get flamed for being a stupid liberal because that's the standard argument for anyone who has a different opinion, but why not just wear the seat belt instead of b****ing about the cops who catch people breaking the law?
    I do not like wearing my seatbelt. It's uncomfortable. I make my kids wear theirs. I am a grown up, I have private insurance, if i am injured in an accident because I am not wearing a seatbelt I do not see how that is anybody's business but mine. I have received several tickets for not wearing a seatbelt and I pay the tax and go on about my day. If I get another one I will repeat the process. I waste much more than 25 every 3-5 years on sillier things.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    How about the .gov stop making stupids laws to save us from ourselves and stealing our money?

For the record, I always wear my seatbelt.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    People who break the law because it is an inconvenience to them shouldn't complain when they get caught, IMO.
    Laws should be written for a reason beyond the police wanting a reason to pull me over and force me to pay another tax. My personal safety should be my concern. It is none of the states business.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    How about the .gov stop making stupids laws to save us from ourselves and stealing our money?

For the record, I always wear my seatbelt.

I never said I liked the law(s), but if it's the law, I'm going to try to follow it. (Or if I don't follow it and end up getting caught, I'm going to own it and not whine about it.)

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Laws should be written for a reason beyond the police wanting a reason to pull me over and force me to pay another tax. My personal safety should be my concern. It is none of the states business.

I agree. I have gotten speeding tickets in "speed traps" that were well-known money-makers. But however stupid and/or unfair the speed limits were, I saw the signs and chose to exceed them, so it's on me.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    If I had all the money back I have paid in speeding tickets and fines my mortgage would be paid off. Especially in my younger days driving a z28. I am not complaining, I broke the law and know I did. I paid my fines and continued breaking the law and repeated the process many times over. That does not mean I agree with the laws. That just means I prefer to stay out of jail.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I don't do "lines in the sand". I'm not going to say I obey all traffic laws all the time. Sometimes I make a mistake or have a lapse in judgement. I just don't go blaming everyone else because I got caught.

ticktwrter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Folks, sorry, it is the law to wear your seat belt. If you don't want to be stopped, wear the belt. Yes, you are the one directly affected if you get hurt because you weren't buckled, but if also affects EVERY driver with insurance. Insurance companies will not just absorb losses, they pass them on to others. Also, think of your families. I recently delivered a death notification of someone who was killed after being ejected in a crash and not wearing a seat belt. I watched many family members cry at their LOSS and had to think of a young child who lost a parent.

Top Bottom