• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Yep they're done. They can beat the Heat but not three in a row. Roy Hibbert needs to play like a 7 footer and get his mental stuff figured out or move on down the road.

Where is Paul George?

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    They continue to miss assignments, giving too much cushion, allowing wide open 3's and J's - watch the difference between the intensity of Miami's D and Indy's D. They are the Defensive team right now.

That said, it doesn't help when Wade and Lebron always get at least 3 steps in the lane and everything is a foul. It's hard to watch pro ball.

John317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Last nights game was hard to watch...

I think the ref's played too big of a part in the outcome-- they were nit picky with us which never let us get in the rhythm but ultimately it was poor execution and turning the ball over way too much. It's a shame as this was the best team we have had in a long time and sort of fell apart near the end.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North

I think the ref's played too big of a part in the outcome-- they were nit picky with us which never let us get in the rhythm but ultimately it was poor execution and turning the ball over way too much. It's a shame as this was the best team we have had in a long time and sort of fell apart near the end.

Yep, that Ref dressed in the Heat's Bosch Jersey was a terror. I stopped following Basketball years ago, however, that fella guarding Bosch left him so wide open that he could have setup a hotdog stand, served half the fans, and still made the shot.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That said, it doesn't help when Wade and Lebron always get at least 3 steps in the lane and everything is a foul. It's hard to watch pro ball.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Is why I do not watch Pro ball. The rules are not evenly officiated. The league wants the big market teams at the top and they will get there.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Is why I do not watch Pro ball. The rules are not evenly officiated. The league wants the big market teams at the top and they will get there.

True, if you watch the highlights video on NBA.com you can see one of the players take at least 4 steps on a breakaway layup. He picked up the ball outside the 3pt line, finally jumped when he hit the paint, and drew a foul looked like.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    The one I turned the tv off on, went to bed, Wade running across the lane, left to right, picked the ball up outside the lane on the left side, took a step to draw contact, then two more big steps before jumping well the other side - right side - of the lane then put the shot up. Never dribbled the ball once in three giant easy to count steps. He's a world class player with amazing ball skills and out of this world shot making ability...he doesn't need the help. When the defense is there, award it.

Pro basketball players are incredibly talented. They do things with a basketball that are almost magic. Why ruin it? Play within the rules.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Some of you guys sound just like the whining Pacer players lol. Whatever issues you think the NBA has don't for one second think the Pacers don't do them too. Look at the stats of the series. Miami is NOT getting special ref treatment.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.

It fell apart when Larry Bird screwed with the team chemistry. The Pacers were by far the best team in the league for the first half of the season until Bird let Granger go, and brought a few new guys to the team. Team chemistry is a very delicate thing....don't screw with it if it's not broke. :twocents:

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    It fell apart when Larry Bird screwed with the team chemistry. The Pacers were by far the best team in the league for the first half of the season until Bird let Granger go, and brought a few new guys to the team. Team chemistry is a very delicate thing....don't screw with it if it's not broke. :twocents:

I'm a season ticket holder and long time fan of the Pacers I follow them VERY closely. This is the most accurate statement by far. We screwed up big time on that trade. Don't get me wrong Granger isn't who he use to be and after the season was done it would have been the right thing to not resign him...but in middle of a season when you are the hottest team is a terrible idea. Larry Bird really messed that one up. Who did we get? LaVoy Allen (who has seen almost not PT) and Evan Turner who has be subpar at best. All the problems started there. It caused major locker room problems and that's confirmed from within the organization. If we want to be a championship team we have one MAJOR priority in the offseason. Get a quality point guard to run and facilitate the offense. George Hill is not a point guard. Don't get me wrong I like him a lot as a player and person but even he has said he is not a point guard he is a 2 guard....always has been.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    The Pacer's are the best and worst team in the league.

I'm not a huge fan of basketball, but that was just hard to watch. I can't decide who to root for tonight. I'm basically an anyone but Heat guy at this point.

John317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Game 5 tonight! Lets hope we can at least get a win at home and extend the series a little. We will be playing desperate tonight which should make for a rather intense game- I expect all 5 starters to light it up tonight especially Paul George and Stephenson!

Top Bottom