• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I noticed it this morning.

Leaking from the sunglasses cubby that folds up unto the headliner just aft of the rear view mirror. :-(

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE w/ 118.5k

Hard to say if it's the drains that are plugged - or if the gaskets / seals have given up the ghost.

Wonder how much this will cost... *sigh*

-J-

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    It's most often the drains that are plugged up. If you can get some long pipe cleaner they clean them out pretty well. I have to clean mine and my wife's about every 3 months. You can google the locations and have it done in 5 mins.

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    On my wife's Pontiac Vibe the plastic drain line hardened up over time and lost its seal at the pan on the roof. Also the clamp was a piece of crap. I just had to silicone it up and add a new clamp. If I did not get it fixed she would have bought a new car. She hated having the water drain on her head while driving. Google search your car's sunroof issue and you will most likely find a how to fix. Its usually not hard.

Years ago on a Honda the drain got plugged at the restriction at the end. All I had to do was cut the restriction and it drained nicely.

Chuck

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    When I bought my 300C they tried to convince me to allow them to cut a hole in my roof and drop in a sunroof.
    ME: "Nope! Aint happening. Too many experiences with leaks"

Sales guy: "Ahhh, come on. We'll give you a 10 year warranty"

Me: "Soooo my car can be in your garage every 4 months, getting leaks fixed...free of charge? No thanks"

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Yeah - the sunroof is/was just one of two things I wish my wife would've done differently when she bought that car.

#1 would have been to get the 4 cyl vs. the V-6. I do love the quicks of the V-6, but the fuel mileage (26-7 combined) + fuel cost for premium... Don't like it.

That - and the sunroof. They all leak - eventually. Especially in the climate we have here. Drains...seals...gaskets...weatherstripping....bullet holes...

-J-

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    My 98 F150 leaks like a sieve around the back window. I've tried pretty much everything, except having the window pulled and gasket replaced.

Dudley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Lafayette
    I had to clean out the drains on my wife's old vehicle about once a year. I found the best way way to use my air compressor and a blower nozzle. Just a suggestion....good luck, so glad she got rid of that SUV!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The T's on my 87 IROC did the same thing. I just duct-taped all around and solved the problem.

HA! I one-upped you, Many moons ago I bought a new 86 Mustang GT, I didn't want T-tops but the ex did. After one year they started leaking so I pulled them up, apply copious amounts of silicone sealant to the gasket surfaces and reinstalled the T-tops. NEVER leaked again!!!!

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    HA! I one-upped you, Many moons ago I bought a new 86 Mustang GT, I didn't want T-tops but the ex did. After one year they started leaking so I pulled them up, apply copious amounts of silicone sealant to the gasket surfaces and reinstalled the T-tops. NEVER leaked again!!!!

Nice, and less noticeable. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is why sunroofs/"T" tops suck. They will always leak.....always.
    Wife bought an 02 Navigatr slightly used when I got my new (to me) truck. I told her not to get it because of the sunroof. Did she listen.......of course not. It has been an endless cause of grief. I finally used real silicone (clear) and sealed that POS up. Disconnected the power to the motor as well.
    Did I mention I hate holes in roofs.

Top Bottom