• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    It's my birthday today which doesn't mean anything. It does mean that I am quickly getting to mandatory retirement from the police department. So far 39 years in August. "Okiegirl" started "going blue". Thank you, it means a lot when you see the support that people have for the people who try to protect them. If you want sobering facts suscribe to the Officer down memorial page (ODMP). About every other day an officer is killed in the line of duty. This year, up 11% from this time last year.

Where I live, calls for shots fired have skyrocketed. I personally know of 5 officers from our department who have been shot and survived. My first 6 months on the job, I was shot at 4 times. Be aware of your surroundings and stay safe. If you are a fellow officer, wear your vest. Don't take routine calls for granted and always take an 870 to a gun fight.

Okiegirl, thank you.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    39 years? Wow, that's an incredible career. Not many folks have the fortitude, physical or mental, to stay in the field that long. Congratulations.

I'll second the thanks to Okiegirl and all that participate. Its been incredibly touching.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Congratulations on the upcoming 39 year anniversary and happy birthday!

As a lifelong resident of Evansville I have had only the occasional dealings with the local constabulary but, even those times when it was "driver step out of the car with your hands on your head", those dealings were professional and courteous. It is due in no small part to officers like yourself. One has to think that in your years of service you have greatly influenced many on the force and helped to maintain the professional level of service we enjoy.

Now if that doesn't get me out of a traffic stop...

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Congrats on the retirement! Hope you can finally find some peace. Impd needs us law abiding citizens now more than ever. They have been sent out to the lions den without support from the top. Time to kick ass by voting out those that don't give them support now.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Don't push me out the door yet. I still have things to do. But please continue your support for "going blue". As I mentioned earlier, look at the ODMP. A K9 was killed today while trying to find a child molester. To all of the officers and anyone on this website, stay safe.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Wow congrats. Was the 39 years all at one place? I think mandatory age limits suck. I hadn't thought about mil or leo as a job until I was older and it didn't make sense anymore.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    From a fellow Newburgh resident...... Thank you for keeping my loved one's safe. Hope you have a great, and long retirement.

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Thank you for your service! If you're interested, click the INGO image in my signature. I'm giving these out to you guys as a way to say thank you for putting your live's on the line....

Top Bottom