• JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    ...Duke University or John Wayne?

An Actor, A University And A Famous Name Lead To A Lawsuit : The Two-Way : NPR

The gist: The Wayne family wants to milk the nickname Duke by jumping in on the brown spirit craze and selling a Duke Bourbon (probably some low end swill); Duke U thinks they consumers will think of them instead of an actor that hasn't been in a movie in the last 35 years.

...and... fight! :popcorn:

I detest hearing stories about families that leech off of the works of they ancestors in the manner of European nobility. The (Martin Luther) King family is a prime example.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Duke-University-Blue-Devils-Logo-Mascot-Monday.jpg

But only because the admin at work has an office right next to mine and is obsessed with Duke University.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Not sure how much goes to benevolent activities and how much to the family, but this is their company description:

Company Description: John Wayne Enterprises is the sole and exclusive grantee from John Wayne during his lifetime of all commercial merchandising and allied rights relating to the use of his Name, Likeness, Signature, Voice or Photographs. John Wayne Enterprises' primary mission is to preserve and protect the name, likeness and image of John Wayne by associating the John Wayne brand with quality and timeless products and experiences that embody the spirit of John Wayne and give back to the community. To further its mission, John Wayne Enterprises enters into selective licensing or partnership agreements in Advertising and Merchandising; Cancer Research, Treatment and Education; and Public Facilities, Institutions, and Agencies. John Wayne Enterprises is a limited liability corporation owned by children and grandchildren of John Wayne and is managed by Ethan Wayne.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I always think about a dog we had as kids first.

If it's basketball season, I think of Duke Bluedevils.
    If we're talking about movies, I think of John Wayne.

Context can make a difference.

Top Bottom