This deserves its own thread. Garlic, Bacon, and Beer Macaroni and Cheese.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Hmmm. Contemplating the blue cheese. What kind of beer would be good in this? Need to buy beer anyway.

The recommended Stout would do fine. You could get away with a Porter, a Scottish or a Brown, too. Don't use a Pilsner (you won't even notice the taste if you do) or any kind of IPA (hoppy isn't what you want here).

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I'm a big Mac N Cheese guy so that looks really good. I wouldn't have beer in mine but the garlic and bacon would be awesome!

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Tonight, I made a mess of quarter pound turkey burgers with shredded cheddar and about a dozen strips of bacon crumbled up all mixed together. Over the July 4th weekend, I noticed Sam's Club with a bunch of prepackaged hamburgers like that and lamented that they weren't ground turkey. Tonight, I remedied that.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    409815530.jpg

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Soooo...How'd it turn out????

****ing amazing!! I'm eating some leftovers for lunch right now! (I'm a fat kid, so I doubled the recipe) The bacon/hops/cheddar flavor is intense and the garlic is a bit more subdued but still strong enough to stand out. The addition of Parmesan to the bread-crumb mix and a light sprinkle of cheddar on top of the bread crumbs created a 1/4" thick layer of toasty-crispy goodness. :drool:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Tonight, I made a mess of quarter pound turkey burgers with shredded cheddar and about a dozen strips of bacon crumbled up all mixed together. Over the July 4th weekend, I noticed Sam's Club with a bunch of prepackaged hamburgers like that and lamented that they weren't ground turkey. Tonight, I remedied that.

"Turkey" and "burgers" should not even occupy the same thought nevermind being used side by side to describe "food".

-1 for Burger King!

Top Bottom