Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Bacon wrapped hot dogs

Tried something new on the grill. Used toothpicks to anchor spiral wrapped bacon strips on hot dogs and grill them. I was disappointed. I didn't experience any new taste sensations. I would have been better off serving them separately. Hey, we had corn on the cob. I wonder if you could pull back the shucks, wrap them with bacon, pull the shucks back up, and grill them. What does everyone think?

User Info Menu

I'm guessing you'd have a lot of silk on the bacon.

When we do 1/4lb beef franks on the grill, I always fry bacon and lay it in the bun along the dog. Way easier than the wrapping and I think it tastes better.
    hooky is an unknown quantity at this point.

Shooter

User Info Menu

You probably served them up wrong. A bacon wrapped dog should be served Sonoran style for the best taste. Just wrapping something in bacon doesn't guarantee best results.

Bacon Wrapped Sonoran Hot Dogs Recipe-Watch Out Chicago, There?s a New Dog in Town
    Sonoran Hot Dogs

User Info Menu

I made bacon-wrapped dogs stuffed with cheese, and my husband proclaimed them the best hot dogs ever. Maybe I shouldn't have started that!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bdybdall View Post
    Tried something new on the grill. Used toothpicks to anchor spiral wrapped bacon strips on hot dogs and grill them. I was disappointed. I didn't experience any new taste sensations. I would have been better off serving them separately.
    If you're going to wrap them, pan-frying or cooking them in the oven works better than the grill. Alternatively, smoking them until the bacon is crisp takes a while, but will blow your freakin' mind.
    If you’re free you’ll never see the walls.

Master

User Info Menu

Wrap in bacon, attache bacon with a couple of tothpicks....deep fry in peanut oil or vegetable oil...until bacon is done. Drain on paper towel and serve in a fresh steamed bun with you r favorite hot dog toppings.

You can also dip the bacon clad hot dog in corn dog batter and fry it that way too. Bacon wrapped corn dogs....MMMmmmmm

User Info Menu

wrap Hebrew National beef franks with your favorite bacon.
    fry in skillet until bacon is done to your liking.
    dip bacon wrapped franks in corn dog batter.
    fry corn dogs as you normally would.
    enjoy...
    sauce will thicken upon standing

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bdybdall View Post
    Tried something new on the grill. Used toothpicks to anchor spiral wrapped bacon strips on hot dogs and grill them. I was disappointed. I didn't experience any new taste sensations. I would have been better off serving them separately. Hey, we had corn on the cob. I wonder if you could pull back the shucks, wrap them with bacon, pull the shucks back up, and grill them. What does everyone think?
    I like the hot dogs and bacon thing, but on the grill there's too much grease and flareup for me. I do them under the broiler.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler-The-Piker View Post
    wrap Hebrew National beef franks with your favorite bacon.
    fry in skillet until bacon is done to your liking.
    dip bacon wrapped franks in corn dog batter.
    fry corn dogs as you normally would.
    enjoy...
    Heh heh, Hebrew franks wrapped in bacon. Definitely haram.
    Geeking out on ancestry; 17th great grandson of Geoffrey Chaucer, and a bunch of dukes, knights, princesses, kings and stuff. Of course, once you turn over a rock and one king crawls out, you're pretty much infested with them. And what did I tell you? Charlemagne, Holy Roman Emperor, Charles "The Hammer" Martel, and a truckload of others. This is getting better: "The Bonny Earl O'Moray" was an ancestor, and the origin of the term mondegreen: They slew the Earl O'Moray and Lady Mondegreen

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mrjarrell View Post
    Just wrapping something in bacon doesn't guarantee best results.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast