What's a good iphone speaker/radio dock system?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm wanting to be able to play my iphone 5 music in my garage/shop. So I need a good radio/speaker dock system.
    I want something that's loud, with good sound quality. But I don't want to spend the money for something like Bose.

Any recommendations?

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    Personally, I'd get something bluetooth so if/when the dock part changes, you're not left with a player that isn't compatible with a new phone. I have 2 old klipsch docks for the old iPhone that aren't usable for my current devices unless I go the cable route. Sounds like it is probably out of your budget but my latest addition is the klipsch kmc3 and it sounds great.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    If it's not something you plan on moving much, most new small stereo systems and boomboxes have Bluetooth capability. You'll get much better volume and sound quality for about the price of a low to mid level dock.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    The above would be my choice also being a fan of a local company and the fact they make great stuff but it is not going to be in your price range.

For garage work look into the better quality computer speakers for JBL and others. Flea market and garage sales have them cheap on old cpu's and with a 3.5 male to male cable you can check out the sound before you buy them. The ones with the powered sub and right/left going to give you some bass bump. These will not work without ac power. I got a great set once for 10 bucks garage sale stlye that I gave away as a x-mas gift to my brother in law. Even places that sell pc's can get some good quality speakers in stock or ordered. Altec Lansing were the ones I got for 10 dollars and had the sub with built in 30 wat amp and tone control. You have to hook up to a cable for them. Best bang for garage/back porch.

you can also get a 3.5 mm to RCA male cable and use any empty input to a normal stereo and rock out. I almost picked up an old Kenwood stereo and cerwin vega speakers cheap this spring. Under 100 for the whole setup and the speakers were worth 100 each. Once again a yard sale this one was in fishers. Be picky and listen to it first as old stereo stuff can have bad scratchy volume knobs and that gets old.

Of you wanted to go Bluetooth and can wait for a while I would wait till Black Friday. They have been some good sales of so good ones in the last few years at some of the major electronics stores. For a cheap "get er done" solution the PC speakers or old system input cable should work well.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I'd go with Bluetooth.

In my opinion Klipsch makes the best one. The KMC-3 at $400 list, the KMC-1 at $300 list or the Gig for $200 list. I have a couple of the Gig's and a couple of the KMC-1's and they are absolutely great sounding, great range, and almost indestructible. They are also totally portable as they are built with internal rechargeable batteries. We use them on the deck, in the garage, by the pool, at picnics...etc

Klipsch Portable Speakers

Rock on Garth

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    What would you recommend?

I can't recommend anything specific for your situation. I use an HMDX JamParty at work, which is a mid-range portable bluetooth speaker. I also use it in the garage, and it works fine IMO, it sounds great, but it's not super loud.

Jam Party Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Boombox | Jam Audio

Another option for a kickass garage system would be any old decent sounding stereo with RCA inputs and a bluetooth adapter. Old home theater systems and stereo systems can be had for next to nothing. I recently turned down a nice one that was free simply because I had no use for it.

I couldn't see putting something new and expensive in a shop environment.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Speaker-Adapter-Bluetooth/dp/B004VM1T5S

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I`m sorry but the words "Good" and "Iphone" are not allowed to be used in the same sentence.

Carry on

R

Ah... Ignoring the OP's question and instead bashing them for choosing to use different equipment than you... You'll fit right in here. :facepalm:

Hey, someone has a question about Glock sights, you should go tell them to buy a 1911.

Blown71X

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Boone County
    Ah... Ignoring the OP's question and instead bashing them for choosing to use different equipment than you... You'll fit right in here.

Hey, someone has a question about Glock sights, you should go tell them to buy a 1911.

Well excuse me your holiness....I sorry i`m not up to your standards

I do have a KMC 3 and it sounds excellent for it`s size.......Is that better ?

Top Bottom