• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hard to tell for sure, but that's what appears to have happened. Sounds like he guns it in this video.

Video: Tony Stewart Runs Over Driver During Confrontation, Killing Him

I'm sure he didn't mean to actually hit the guy, but still, not a very bright thing to do.

Guy also should have stayed by his car. That is a serious rule infraction at most tracks and in most racing series, Do not walk into the racing groove.

If you watch it appears the driver tried to get at Tony and got hit by the right rear.

Should have stayed in his car....seriously.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I find it hard to believe that Stewart would intentionally hit a driver walking on the track. Channel 13 in Indy really played up the fact that Stewart has had anger issues and altercations in the past, somehow insinuating that this was intentional.

If you get in a wreck, stay in your car (unless it's on fire).

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Sad story, but I would file it under play stupid games, win stupid prizes category. Even as kids we are told to never run into the street. Especially when the cars are going 100+ mph!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sounds like Stewart got cocky and F'd up! Idiot.

Please watch the video. Tony was straight and true until the contact was made. Then his car kicked right as it ran over the guy.

He should not have been in the racing groove. He made every effort to get at Tony running through traffic.

Watch the wreck. Guy ran outside Tony trying to get by on the high side and was short on motor but never backed out.

I think you are a bit quick on the condemn button my friend.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Please watch the video. Tony was straight and true until the contact was made. Then his car kicked right as it ran over the guy.

He should not have been in the racing groove. He made every effort to get at Tony running through traffic.

Watch the wreck. Guy ran outside Tony trying to get by on the high side and was short on motor but never backed out.

I think you are a bit quick on the condemn button my friend.
    Mea culpa. Video wasn't posted when I was typing my 1st response.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This doesn't look good on Tony.
    ''

Watch it closely. I have several times. Tony did not go for the guy. The guy put himself in that situation. That was a terrible thing and hard to watch.

I do not see Tony culpable in this.

I have ran Sprints and Midgets. They always tell you to stay in the car if you get into it or it stops running. Safest place for you until the safety truck blocks the line.
    I have seen numerous incidents with parked race cars.

"STAY IN THE CAR"

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The other guy should have absolutely stayed in/with his car. Even if Stewart did gun it, he might just as well have been doing it to avoid the guy.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    :whistle:

If you a TS fan......all'a yer parafernalia related ta him.....jus' went up in value.......cuzzz......he's done......

:twocents:......Like some others .......dude SHOULD'a stay'd in'a car........sort all'at BS out later......

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Why would he get out of his car then get in traffic? I understand he's mad that he wrecked but stay in the car. I could understand getting out if the car started to catch on fire but I didn't see that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The other guy should have absolutely stayed in/with his car. Even if Stewart did gun it, he might just as well have been doing it to avoid the guy.

If you listen he did not throttle until contact had been made. If you hit something in one of those cars and get thrown as that car did involuntary throttle response can result. Especially if you are not ready for it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    ''

Watch it closely. I have several times. Tony did not go for the guy. The guy put himself in that situation. That was a terrible thing and hard to watch.

I have ran Sprints and Midgets. They always tell you to stay in the car if you get into it or it stops running. Safest place for you until the safety truck blocks the line.

"STAY IN THE CAR"

It's hard to tell with the video we're given but you can hear an engine rev just as Ward and Tony's car come into frame together, just before he's hit. Ward may have broken a rule but he's dead and it's Tony's car that hit him. There will be plenty of scrutiny of this in the next few days/weeks and hopefully the truth will be determined. But whether Tony is found to be guilty of a crime or not, he's the one that hit him. In no way would I believe Stewart intended to hit the guy, much less kill him. But sometimes when your ego or temper or whatever gets in the way, you do things you'll come to regret.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    ''

"STAY IN THE CAR"
    I didn't see any willfulness on Tony's part to go after this guy. Looks like he tried to get in front of Tony's car. But I do believe this will have a ill effect on the rest of Tont's life. Just like when Boom Boom Mancini killed the Korean fighter. Wasn't really his fault. But he was never the same fighter again. I believe Tony will have the same outcome. Now whenever you hear Tony Stewarts name, this is what we'll all think of.

Top Bottom