• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    There was a hydroplaning-related roll-over this morning on I-70 (2 miles west of the Plainfield exit) that happened two cars in front of me. Flipped over and ended up in the ditch on it's top South-side of east-bound I-70.

I've never needed to call 911 before but it was an interesting process. Firstly, 911 doesn't show up on the call record on my phone. Secondly, my call didn't route to a specific county and a person had to connect me to Hendricks County PD.

The passenger wasn't hurt. The rain sucked and my dress shoes have been squishy all day :) but I believe salvageable.

Checking 911 Emergency off of my Bucket List.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    By your squishy shoes I assume you stopped to help. Very nice of you. :+1:

More often than not I don't stop to help as it would end up causing another wreck, but if I think it's safe I will stop. There was a wreck on Pendleton Pike Tuesday afternoon...someone in front of me got T-boned trying to cross three lanes of busy traffic. It wasn't safe to stop and get out of my car so I called 911 and gave them all the information I could.

redryder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Evansville IN
    My wife and I were on are way to IU Med. Got to wait in line what seemed forever( Maybe 10 minutes). Got to watch the wrecker drag the car out.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    I called 911 by accident. I was doing some fundraising work from home and called on a firearm organization in the 918 area code. My finger must have stuttered on the 1 because I actually dialed 911. When the operator answered I was paying more attention to my spiel than to what she was saying so I jumped in and asked if this was the gun club. She said "what gun"? And I said, you know, guns guns. I realized I had a wrong number but I still didn't know that I was on the phone with the 911 operator. So I said, never mind, and hung up.

About five minutes later I heard a knock on the door and went to answer it. It was the local po-po, wanting to know what was going on. It took a moment to get straightened out. I showed him my call log with dozens of gun organizations on it and my notes about the their fund raising, and the 918 number I was trying to call. We had a good laugh over it.

If it happened today I'd probably be SWATTED out and posting from the other side of the grave.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've called 911 twice. Both times, got through really fast. Once was even in a pretty rural area. Both times had emergency responders out in 5 minutes or less. Only once was that fast enough. :(

+1 to the OP for stopping, and doing what you could.

Top Bottom