EDC watches: Are you guys still wearing those and what do you wear?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I have been looking at getting a new watch.

Looking at some Casio G-Shock options.They look tough and not that expensive.Any experience with those? :dunno:

758290d1341766519-fs-bnib-casio-g-shock-gw-4000d-1aer-solar-atomic-aviator-b-w-w-black-ip-bracelet-%2A%A3280%2A-img_1297.jpg

I also been looking at some 5.11 "tactical watches".Not sure what makes them "tactical" and who actually makes them for 5.11.:dunno:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I've got a Casio "wave ceptor" watch. It sets itself every night off the atomic clock radio transmissions. The only bad thing is they dont like to have the batteries changed. The last one I changed only lasted another 30 days before I had to break down and buy a new one.

Not tacticool, but I've never had to set it. :yesway:

WV58A-1AV - wave ceptor, Mens, Atomic Timekeeping, Analog, Digital, Watches | CASIO America, Inc.

The only downside is its a plastic face, not crystal. So I do have to scrub it periodically with baking soda paste to buff out scuffs and paint that rubs off on the "glass" when I hit stuff. But for $40.... :dunno:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I've got a Casio "wave ceptor" watch. It sets itself every night off the atomic clock radio transmissions. The only bad thing is they dont like to have the batteries changed. The last one I changed only lasted another 30 days before I had to break down and buy a new one.

Not tacticool, but I've never had to set it. :yesway:

WV58A-1AV - wave ceptor, Mens, Atomic Timekeeping, Analog, Digital, Watches | CASIO America, Inc.

Those "atomic" watches look neat.
    They have some models who are both solar and wave ceptor I believe.So you wouldn't have to worry about setting it or change the battery.

I just looked at a few watches I have and notice one is 2 or 3 minutes late, another almost a minute early compared to the time on the computer.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I rotate between two Tag Heuer's, an Aquaracer, and a Formula 1, and a couple of Hamilton Khakis, one Quartz and one automatic. Will post pics later on. Looking to add an Omega Seamaster Pro around Christmas!
    image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      692.3 KB · Views: 10
    Last edited:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I wear this one. Amazon.com: Casio Men's MQ24-7B2 Analog Black Resin Strap Watch: Casio: Watches

I don't have to wind it, doesn't have a bunch of functions I don't need, just tells time. Face is clear, easy to read day or night, I can easily see both the big, little AND sweep second hand, isn't garbaged up with dates, altitudes, sparkly bits, or "24 hour" markings. And it costs less than $9.00. If I bust it, big whoop, the brown santa brings a new one. I may order two next time just to have a spare on hand.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I wear this one. Amazon.com: Casio Men's MQ24-7B2 Analog Black Resin Strap Watch: Casio: Watches

I don't have to wind it, doesn't have a bunch of functions I don't need, just tells time. Face is clear, easy to read day or night, I can easily see both the big, little AND sweep second hand, isn't garbaged up with dates, altitudes, sparkly bits, or "24 hour" markings. And it costs less than $9.00. If I bust it, big whoop, the brown santa brings a new one. I may order two next time just to have a spare on hand.

I need to get the user manual out anytime I want to set the time on mine.It has lots of fonctions, I even discovered the other day that I could store phone numbers in it. :faint:

Sometimes simple is good.:yesway:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I have had a g-shock since they first came out. Only watch that can withstand the abuse I put them through. Right now I have the atomic solar, $80 last time I bought.

I edc a watch for a number of reasons, but EMS and rescue are high on the list.

Are they really tougher than the other Casio who are not G-Shock?
    I never broke mine who is not shock rated.:dunno:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I wear a Casio Waveceptor G-shock solar. It has hella features, and I used to use almost all of them. It does recharge itself, so the battery lasts upward of 10 years. The worst part of replacing that is getting the water seal reset properly. I messed that up once and got flooded. Otherwise, it's always right, always charged, survives more than my wrist would, and just works. For those who still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I wear a Casio Waveceptor G-shock solar. It has hella features, and I used to use almost all of them. It does recharge itself, so the battery lasts upward of 10 years. The worst part of replacing that is getting the water seal reset properly. I messed that up once and got flooded. Otherwise, it's always right, always charged, survives more than my wrist would, and just works. For those who still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea.

Do you know the model number?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    There's 2628 in a box, but I think that's the battery, then there's "FTW-100D". After that, they start in about stainless steel and whatnot. The FTW-100D seems to be the model. Understand, I've had this for several years, so it's probably obsolete, but there are some still available, and most likely a near equivalent still being manufactured.

Top Bottom