Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Question EDC watches: Are you guys still wearing those and what do you wear?

I have been looking at getting a new watch.

Looking at some Casio G-Shock options.They look tough and not that expensive.Any experience with those?

I also been looking at some 5.11 "tactical watches".Not sure what makes them "tactical" and who actually makes them for 5.11.

User Info Menu

I've got a Casio "wave ceptor" watch. It sets itself every night off the atomic clock radio transmissions. The only bad thing is they dont like to have the batteries changed. The last one I changed only lasted another 30 days before I had to break down and buy a new one.

Not tacticool, but I've never had to set it.

WV58A-1AV - wave ceptor, Mens, Atomic Timekeeping, Analog, Digital, Watches | CASIO America, Inc.

The only downside is its a plastic face, not crystal. So I do have to scrub it periodically with baking soda paste to buff out scuffs and paint that rubs off on the "glass" when I hit stuff. But for $40....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    I've got a Casio "wave ceptor" watch. It sets itself every night off the atomic clock radio transmissions. The only bad thing is they dont like to have the batteries changed. The last one I changed only lasted another 30 days before I had to break down and buy a new one.

Not tacticool, but I've never had to set it.

WV58A-1AV - wave ceptor, Mens, Atomic Timekeeping, Analog, Digital, Watches | CASIO America, Inc.
    Those "atomic" watches look neat.
    They have some models who are both solar and wave ceptor I believe.So you wouldn't have to worry about setting it or change the battery.

I just looked at a few watches I have and notice one is 2 or 3 minutes late, another almost a minute early compared to the time on the computer.

User Info Menu

Timex Expedition. Everything I need in a watch.

User Info Menu

Casio Men's Watch, Analog/Digital, G-Shock - Walmart.com

I have this watch. Love it. I have broken the crystal on several watches, haven't even scratched this one.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I bought a G Shock watch last year. I got it at Costco for around $80. I love it. It's durable, looks great and re calibrates the time every day so it's precise. Perfect for EDC IMHO. The model I got is the GW2310.

See review here.

The Genius of the GW-2310

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

I'm fond of titanium:
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and I’m on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

User Info Menu

Citizen Citizen Eco-Drive Perpetual Chrono A-T AT4007-54E Atomic Timekeeping

This Citizen Eco Drive is what I wear everyday. Atomic time keeping and powered by light. The face is sapphire to resist scratching.

It retails for $600, but I got mine on EBay for about $335.
    Last edited by MCgrease08; 09-02-2014 at 22:06.
    Well the sheriff couldn't catch me now, but his little girl? Sure wish she would.

User Info Menu

Rights are only as secure as the ability to wield sufficient force to defend them. - J. Neil Schulman

“There's nothing wrong with the country a bad recession couldn't fix.” - Irving Kristol

"He's not a tame lion..."

1 Samuel 13:19

Psalm 149:6

User Info Menu

I have a Casio PAG240, had it for a couple of years, I like it. It's a big watch, as are most of this type. It's solar powered and has always maintained a high charge level. I don't use all of the special features that much, but they do come in handy.
    Amazon.com: Casio Men's PAG240-1CR "Pathfinder" Triple Sensor Multi-Function Sport Watch: Casio: Watches
    Attachment 31523

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast