• 10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    rant.gif

Mayor kicks Marines out of Toledo : News : WNWO NBC24

1-24th Marines were scheduled for weekend urban warfare training in downtown Toledo, when Carty gave them the boot

carty-finkbeiner-180.jpg
    --------------------:biggun:

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Wow, i read the thread on ARFCOM and they have his email address.

mayor.toledo@toledo.oh.gov

I say you should send him an email and tell him what people think of his unpatriotic decision.

Here is my short email i sent him:

Glad to see how you support the Marines in your town and this shows what kinda person you are. Whether you support the mission or not, I'm sure you have a large percentage of your city who support the troops. Maybe they can return the favor when you have some kind of natural disaster or civil problems. No, they're better than you, they will come and help the people of your city even after you treated them with no respect. Glad we don't have unpatriotic mayors like you in Indiana.

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    i got an email back from the "mayor"

Thank you for your thoughts. Your message will be conveyed to the Mayor. Attached is the Mayor's Statement to the Media and a statement from Lt. Colonel Piccoli, U.S. Marine Corps on this issue.
    Statement from Mayor Carty Finkbeiner -Regarding U.S. Marine Corps.
    February 10, 2008
    Frank Szollosi can play politics with anything. It is what he does best.
    Today, I spoke with Major Jeff Brooks of the United States Marine Corps. I conveyed my sincere regret for the failure to communicate within the administration and any inconvenience that caused the U.S. Marine Corps.
    I also conveyed, as my staff did on Friday, that we would make available abandoned buildings for Marine training outside of the CENTRAL BUSINESS DISTRICT (CBD).
    I concluded by reviewing my belief that the CBD, particularly on a weekday afternoon, was not available for military staging operations. 10,000 - 14,000 men and women would have been departing their offices in downtown Toledo on Friday afternoon with a major military training action unfolding - including the use of weapons being discharged with blanks.
    My interest is not only in supporting the U.S. military wherever and whenever such support is sought, but also protecting the health, peace, and tranquility of Toledoans in every way possible.
    For those who disagree with my priorities in terms of safeguarding Toledoans, we may disagree, but you have my respect.
    Statement from Lt. Colonel Piccoli - U.S. Marine Corps
    February 11, 2008
    Although our planned training event for Company A, 1st Battalion, 24th
    Marine Regiment from Grand Rapids, Mich., did not occur over the weekend in the Central Business District of Toledo, Ohio, we greatly appreciate the commitment of the city leaders and the support of the citizens of Toledo to assist us with future training opportunities in the Toledo area.
    As the Marine Corps has done in myriad cities in the past, which includes Columbia, S.C. (2003), New Orleans (2004), Savannah, Ga. (2005), and Hampton Roads, Va. (2006), we'll continue to work very closely with community leaders, law enforcement personnel, members of the media and private citizens to ensure our training does not adversely impact them. Such training, coupled with governmental and civic support, enables the U.S. Marine Corps to meet the country's expectations as the nation's premiere force in readiness.
    The U.S. Marine Corps stands shoulder to shoulder with the people of Toledo as we move forward together well into the future.

10ring

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Classified
    i got an email back from the "mayor"

Thank you for your thoughts. Your message will be conveyed to the Mayor. Attached is the Mayor's Statement to the Media and a statement from Lt. Colonel Piccoli, U.S. Marine Corps on this issue.
    Statement from Mayor Carty Finkbeiner -Regarding U.S. Marine Corps.
    February 10, 2008
    Frank Szollosi can play politics with anything. It is what he does best.
    Today, I spoke with Major Jeff Brooks of the United States Marine Corps. I conveyed my sincere regret for the failure to communicate within the administration and any inconvenience that caused the U.S. Marine Corps.
    I also conveyed, as my staff did on Friday, that we would make available abandoned buildings for Marine training outside of the CENTRAL BUSINESS DISTRICT (CBD).
    I concluded by reviewing my belief that the CBD, particularly on a weekday afternoon, was not available for military staging operations. 10,000 - 14,000 men and women would have been departing their offices in downtown Toledo on Friday afternoon with a major military training action unfolding - including the use of weapons being discharged with blanks.
    My interest is not only in supporting the U.S. military wherever and whenever such support is sought, but also protecting the health, peace, and tranquility of Toledoans in every way possible.
    For those who disagree with my priorities in terms of safeguarding Toledoans, we may disagree, but you have my respect.
    Statement from Lt. Colonel Piccoli - U.S. Marine Corps
    February 11, 2008
    Although our planned training event for Company A, 1st Battalion, 24th
    Marine Regiment from Grand Rapids, Mich., did not occur over the weekend in the Central Business District of Toledo, Ohio, we greatly appreciate the commitment of the city leaders and the support of the citizens of Toledo to assist us with future training opportunities in the Toledo area.
    As the Marine Corps has done in myriad cities in the past, which includes Columbia, S.C. (2003), New Orleans (2004), Savannah, Ga. (2005), and Hampton Roads, Va. (2006), we'll continue to work very closely with community leaders, law enforcement personnel, members of the media and private citizens to ensure our training does not adversely impact them. Such training, coupled with governmental and civic support, enables the U.S. Marine Corps to meet the country's expectations as the nation's premiere force in readiness.
    The U.S. Marine Corps stands shoulder to shoulder with the people of Toledo as we move forward together well into the future.

What a load.

He is just twisting in the wind now because this hit the national press, otherwise this would have happened and he would not be apologizing to anyone.

Hey Carty --

...Friday afternoon with a major military training action unfolding - including the use of weapons being discharged with blanks...

...but also protecting the health, peace, and tranquility of Toledoans in every way possible...

That noise and disruption of your tranquility is called the sound of freedom.

Jackass.

Top Bottom