• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    On Friday, I was back home from school on fall break, and ended up running into the Vincennes Walmart (after tearing up Bobe's lunch special... YUM!) with a buddy so he could pick up some groceries. As I normally do, we walked over to the ammo cabinet so I could disappoint myself again with the lack of .22LR. When we got over there, lo and behold, right there on the shelf, were 3 boxes of 225 rd .22LR. I couldn't believe my eyes since this was the first time I had seen any in the wild since Newtown. Only problem was that another gentleman was already standing at the shelf when we arrived.

About this time, I spotted a sign indicating that there was a 3 box limit on .22LR, and almost chuckled at my poor luck to have to watch those 3 boxes taken right out from under my nose. Another guy (henceforth known as #2) then walked up behind me, and asked us if we had an employee on the way. The original guy in line (henceforth known as #1) responded that he had an employee on the way. Undoubtedly noticing the sparkle in my eye, #1 asked what ammo I was after. I told #1 that I was looking to snag some .22LR if that's not what he was after. He said he was planning on grabbing the .22LR, but that he didn't absolutely NEED it. I told #1 that he was more than welcome to all of it as he was the proverbial early worm, but he insisted that he would take one box, and allow me the rest of it.

Appreciating #1's generosity, I asked #2 if he was interested in one of the remaining two boxes of .22LR. He told me that he also didn't really NEED it, and that he was planning on purchasing some other ammo. We chatted among ourselves for a bit as the cashier made her way to the register, and then we made our purchases and dispersed. I don't think I ever really properly thanked #1 for his generosity, but I think he understood that I was thankful by how many times I told him that he was welcome to them since he was there first.

Anyway, just wanted to share a story from my weekend that made my day. I know it's no surprise to me or most people here, but it goes to show ya that most gun owners aren't the stereotypical people that are portrayed in the media.

If either of these guys happens to be an INGOer, thanks again! You made my weekend! :ingo:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    How unAmerican of you!

I have passed on a few boxes myself and also been a part in sharing the few boxes left.

Pass it forward.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    How unAmerican of you!

I have passed on a few boxes myself and also been a part in sharing the few boxes left.

Pass it forward.

Exactly. That was my thought when I offered one to the guy behind me, but when he declined, I couldn't help myself. haha.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I was hoping to squeeze a little more like $55 out of them? :dunno:

Aww come one...Don't stick your fellow INGO'ers with your Gun Show price...:):

Nice story...My dad is my .22 "Bird Dog" and he always brings me a couple of boxes he keeps squirreled whenever he stops by the shop...It's funny...I just turned 50 and he still acts like I am the 16 year old "nuts about guns" teenager....

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    On Friday, I was back home from school on fall break, and ended up running into the Vincennes Walmart (after tearing up Bobe's lunch special... YUM!) with a buddy so he could pick up some groceries. As I normally do, we walked over to the ammo cabinet so I could disappoint myself again with the lack of .22LR. When we got over there, lo and behold, right there on the shelf, were 3 boxes of 225 rd .22LR. I couldn't believe my eyes since this was the first time I had seen any in the wild since Newtown. Only problem was that another gentleman was already standing at the shelf when we arrived.

About this time, I spotted a sign indicating that there was a 3 box limit on .22LR, and almost chuckled at my poor luck to have to watch those 3 boxes taken right out from under my nose. Another guy (henceforth known as #2) then walked up behind me, and asked us if we had an employee on the way. The original guy in line (henceforth known as #1) responded that he had an employee on the way. Undoubtedly noticing the sparkle in my eye, #1 asked what ammo I was after. I told #1 that I was looking to snag some .22LR if that's not what he was after. He said he was planning on grabbing the .22LR, but that he didn't absolutely NEED it. I told #1 that he was more than welcome to all of it as he was the proverbial early worm, but he insisted that he would take one box, and allow me the rest of it.

Appreciating #1's generosity, I asked #2 if he was interested in one of the remaining two boxes of .22LR. He told me that he also didn't really NEED it, and that he was planning on purchasing some other ammo. We chatted among ourselves for a bit as the cashier made her way to the register, and then we made our purchases and dispersed. I don't think I ever really properly thanked #1 for his generosity, but I think he understood that I was thankful by how many times I told him that he was welcome to them since he was there first.

Anyway, just wanted to share a story from my weekend that made my day. I know it's no surprise to me or most people here, but it goes to show ya that most gun owners aren't the stereotypical people that are portrayed in the media.

If either of these guys happens to be an INGOer, thanks again! You made my weekend! :ingo:

Did you go to Bryon Bobe's? I miss the hot ham and cheese and the bosco sticks. Vincennes still as seedy as it was 3 yrs ago?

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Last Friday I visited Gander Mountain. They did not have in stock the things I wanted to fondle, but as an after thought I asked about .22LR. The guy showed me over ten boxes of 325 sitting there waiting for a home—$21/box. Also had several boxes of CCI keeping them company. I took one box of 325.

Everything else was there in plentiful supply. Nothing was lacking.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Yeah while I was going to school there in 10-11 I would order every wed from Byron. I also remember VPD busting people behind my dorm for drugs.

Top Bottom