• Which do you prefer

• Total voters

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    This is strictly between Mr Coffee output and a Keurig brand coffee maker. Some say the Mr. Coffee output is watered down versus the Keurig. What say you?

I know, dumb topic, but I was bored and haven't been on here for awhile.

th
    th

A few more pics for those who had hoped for more in this post....

taurus-curve-03a.jpg

3c332f394ef5819ecccbc46193093eca.jpg

They're NERF but oh well.
    15-awesome-nerf-paint-jobs.jpg

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Of topic, but this is a gun owners website. if those are nerf guns, they look too much like todays weaponry. If someone was pointing one at me, I would probably draw and fire. Modern hi tech arms already look like toys, and toys are being made to look like modern arms. Kind of a dangerous situation. Remember a few months ago when police responding to a call smoked a latino teenager in an alley when he refused to drop a toy that looked like an combat rifle.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I have both of those coffee makers, and prefer the keurig without a doubt. I completely agree that the mr. coffee tastes watered down. I like a fairly strong coffee, and using the same brand and flavor of coffee I cant get the mr coffee strong enough for my taste. Even with a full basket of grounds. Keurig is a little more per cup but well worth it in my opinion. I like Caribou coffee if you are wondering.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm a Mr. Coffee guy all day long, but then again, when I drink coffee I guzzle it by the gallon. Seriously, I will drink a full pot over the course of a day no problem. And I like Folgers or Maxwell House. I rarely splurge on the good stuff.

I like the taste of the Kuereg, but I simply can't drink just one cup of coffee and I feel guilty burning through 5-6 k-cups in a day. It's wasteful and expensive.

If the Mr. Coffee style tastes watered down, just add an extra scoop of grounds before brewing.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    My Keurig machine is made by Mr Coffee. And you'll note on the bottom right there, it is officially licensed by Keurig.

I don't know which way to vote????? :dunno:

IMG_0904.jpg

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Keurig is GROSSLY overpriced for what you get, especially if you tend to have more than a cup or two. I also find the flavor from those machines, even using 'premium' cups like Dunkin, Starbucks, Caribou, etc. to be lacking.

A grinder and a french press is definitely the preferred way to go...though I do plenty of grinding beans and putting them into a programmable drip machine so that its ready to go in the morning.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Whatever coffeemaker you choose, I highly recommend freshly ground coffee. Even cheap beans freshly ground taste better than most pre-ground coffee IMO. :twocents:

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I'm a Mr. Coffee guy all day long. I like a strong flavorful cup of joe. The Kuereg coffee tastes like instant coffee. :noway:

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Of topic, but this is a gun owners website. if those are nerf guns, they look too much like todays weaponry. If someone was pointing one at me, I would probably draw and fire. Modern hi tech arms already look like toys, and toys are being made to look like modern arms. Kind of a dangerous situation. Remember a few months ago when police responding to a call smoked a latino teenager in an alley when he refused to drop a toy that looked like an combat rifle.
    Not trying to derail thread or start an argument, but I just wanted to respond. Those Nerf guns have been painted to look like that. The ones from the store are mainly bright yellow, bright green, and bright orange. Very hard to confuse with a firearm in stock configuration.

Anyways, Mr. Coffee. Same reasons as MCgrease08, and I don't want to have to wait for another K-cup to brew.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Whatever coffeemaker you choose, I highly recommend freshly ground coffee. Even cheap beans freshly ground taste better than most pre-ground coffee IMO. :twocents:

Give me a decent drip coffee maker with fresh beans and a grinder. We have Keurig's at work and they make a good (but overpriced) cup of coffee, but I can make better coffee for half the price in a drip maker like Mr. Coffee with fresh beans and a grinder.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Mr. Coffee, Folger's Classic Roast, and real Half and Half. I'll go without coffee before I'll put some crappy white drywall dust creamer in it.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I know the Keurigs of a couple of years ago had a design flaw in them where a water line would leak all over the electrical parts with expected results. Before dropping coin you might do a search and see if they've corrected that issue.

Top Bottom