• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snafu21

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Nope but I did do Chantix and it did a wonderful job.... over 3 years smoke free and can be in a room full of smoker without craving.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Just don't make it a substitute. Use it to quit. Have a set path to stopping and follow it. It's like starting methadone for heroin and continuing methadone for 10 years...

They are quickly becoming the new cigars from what I've seen. Different flavors, high end $300+ vaporizers, etc.

http://flavorconcentrates.com/e-liquid-flavoring

Buy your liquid tobacco crap here. Not sure of the nicotine component. I bought some natural flavor stuff.'

Edit: https://liquidnicotinewholesalers.com/product/4-gal-100mg-liquid-nicotine-usp/

$950 for 4 gallons

Last edited:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Last edited:

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    We got our insurance updates for work. They are increasing rates if you are a smoker, and they said smokeless and e cigarettes are included.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Everyone I know that started has ended up vaping much, much more than they ever smoked. I have a small sample set but that is what I have seen.

My MIL went from an occasional cigarette(like once or twice a month) to multiple, daily breaks to vape. My SIL(who gave the MIL the e-cig) probably vapes 5X more than she ever smoked.

What has happened to the human body and mind that people can't quit cold turkey like my parents did?

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Yes. My last smoke was 12/1/2013. I am almost a year smoke free after 22 years of smoking a pack a day. Within the first 3 days of no cigs I could breathe better and taste better. After the first week and to this day the scent of a cig makes me gag. I am disgusted with myself that I ever smoked. I had one single drag of a "real" cig this past May and I felt like crap and all I could taste for hours was that stupid cig. Never again.

I enjoy vaping and I would suggest it to anyone that wants to quit. Go to a REAL vape shop and discuss the options. When I started vaping I spent about $150 in gear and have now found what I like and continue to enjoy it. I have backed down the nicotine from 18mg to 12mg and will continue to lower it. Nicotine is a real mother to quit and I now feel I have a handle on it and control it. Not the other way around.

I spend approx. $20-$25 per week on e juice but it is money well spent.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    The only real way to quit smoking is to not smoke.

Anything else is "withdraw management". As Robby said, some methods of smoking cessation may actually provide more nicotine than actually smoking which can leave you smoking more than when you started.

Quiting smoking sucks, but not being a smoker is pretty awesome. Your senses of taste and smell will wake back up, you'll breath easier, and you'll have more energy because of it.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yes. My last smoke was 12/1/2013. I am almost a year smoke free after 22 years of smoking a pack a day. Within the first 3 days of no cigs I could breathe better and taste better. After the first week and to this day the scent of a cig makes me gag. I am disgusted with myself that I ever smoked. I had one single drag of a "real" cig this past May and I felt like crap and all I could taste for hours was that stupid cig. Never again.

I enjoy vaping and I would suggest it to anyone that wants to quit. Go to a REAL vape shop and discuss the options. When I started vaping I spent about $150 in gear and have now found what I like and continue to enjoy it. I have backed down the nicotine from 18mg to 12mg and will continue to lower it. Nicotine is a real mother to quit and I now feel I have a handle on it and control it. Not the other way around.

I spend approx. $20-$25 per week on e juice but it is money well spent.

Nice job! Keep it up and you'll keep feeling better. The human body has an amazing ability to clean itself out. Sort of like a river, only the flow of air does the cleaning instead of water.

Rymo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2014
    Whiteland
    My mother quit smoking and went to vapor and slowly lowered her nicotine level every couple of weeks and now she is completely smoke and vapor free after about 3 months. She has been smoke free for about 2 years now and she smoked for about 40 years. My father however tried and the vapor stuff gave him headaches and he still enjoys his camels.

Good luck!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Disclaimer: I'm about to sound like an old man, but be advised I am actually only 34. (and I smoked nearly 2 packs a day for 12 of those years)

What has happened to the human body and mind that people can't quit cold turkey like my parents did?

Nothing. It does seem however, that a great many more people these days are unable/unwilling to handle even the slightest level of discomfort, and will in fact take extreme risks with their future health to avoid it.

The only action required to quit smoking is to simply not smoke. Don't try to ween yourself of it, don't replace it with other sources of nicotine, don't adapt behaviors that mimic it.

Just stop doing it. The suck passes quicker than you'd think.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Disclaimer: I'm about to sound like an old man, but be advised I am actually only 34. (and I smoked nearly 2 packs a day for 12 of those years)

Nothing. It does seem however, that a great many more people these days are unable/unwilling to handle even the slightest level of discomfort, and will in fact take extreme risks with their future health to avoid it.

The only action required to quit smoking is to simply not smoke. Don't try to ween yourself of it, don't replace it with other sources of nicotine, don't adapt behaviors that mimic it.

Just stop doing it. The suck passes quicker than you'd think.

I agree. My ex (back when we first got married) quit one Thanksgiving and didn't smoke a single cig again the next 13 years we were together. We split 3 years ago and my son tells me she's still never once slipped. It can be done, if you want to do it. I'm a bit wary of the vaping fad, but if you use it responsibly to ween yourself I guess that's fine. Just don't go from smoking to vaping as you just trade one vice for another.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I agree. My ex (back when we first got married) quit one Thanksgiving and didn't smoke a single cig again the next 13 years we were together. We split 3 years ago and my son tells me she's still never once slipped. It can be done, if you want to do it. I'm a bit wary of the vaping fad, but if you use it responsibly to ween yourself I guess that's fine. Just don't go from smoking to vaping as you just trade one vice for another.

Sounds like my wife she quit on Thanksgiving 3 years ago and smoke free since. She used the Chantix system. Not sure if it helped. She went with the e cigs for a little bit and found out they were almost the same as smoking so she didn't even go that route.

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    Thanks guys for all the information. I quit cold turkey 12 years ago and haven't touched one since. My wife has tried to quit many times and hasn't been able to do it. We are just looking at options.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    My boss quit using vaporizers. He's on nicotine free juice but still takes vape breaks. Several other coworkers are on vaporizers at various levels of nicotine.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I fully acknowledge that what I am doing is a substitution and not a complete solution. However, for me vaping worked to quit smoking almost instantly. The unusual thing for me is that I never intended to quit. I borrowed one from a friend to help me get through a hospital stay. Once I tried it, I simply didn't need the real cigs anymore. I also recall having the issue RobbyMaq mentioned. The normal cues telling you when to stop are no longer there. After a while though, the ability to just get a quick hit and put it away allowed me to get past that. I will not promote vaping as a "healthy" option. Although I think it is fair to say that it is much less harmful than smoking.

For anyone that chooses to give it a try, the best advice I can give is to explore the options for a while before deciding if it works for you. There is a nearly endless variety of devices and liquids. Some are junk and some are just way more expensive than they need to be.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    I will not promote vaping as a "healthy" option. Although I think it is fair to say that it is much less harmful than smoking.

Depends on what kind of stuff you are inhaling. Some of it is just as bad, and some is a lot better. I don't do the stuff but work with a lot of the companies that sell it. They try to promote it as safe, but they are skirting the truth. Insurance companies and the gov are considering it the same as smoking. Just they all haven't caught up yet. I am all for helping people that want to quit.

Top Bottom