• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    If it was just one person I might be inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it's a whole slew of women, many of whom just have no reason to lie. His former personal assistant/buddy at NBC (who is now about 90) says he was always paying off women for him and acknowledged that he had one he had a longtime affair with. I was always a fan of his, but this just doesn't look good. And his refusal to actually answer the accusations, (even in the negative) is not helping his case at all.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'd heard someone say one time that most/all the really good comedians have a dark side to them. I think there is truth to that and these accusations don't do much to dispel that comment.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Why did everyone wait so long before talking and now the flood gates are wide open.

Actually, it's been going on for years, in the main case it's been since shortly after it occurred. It's gaining legs, (again) since a few people have publicly called Cosby a rapist, most notably a fellow comedian recently. When he was asked by a reporter recently, during an interview, to address the accusations he just clammed up. That put him square in the news again.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Why did everyone wait so long before talking and now the flood gates are wide open.

I can't help but wonder the same thing. However, I can't even begin to know what it feels like to be a woman that's been treated in such a manner. Most of us can understand the bandwagon mentality though. Just because its a bandwagon, that doesn't necessarily mean the bandwagon is wrong. If there is any truth to the allegations against him, having such a large number of accusers creates a very good possibility of one or more of them actually being able to prove it. It is still possible that this is simply an attempt to profit from false accusations. Either way, the damage is already done at this point.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The guy always seemed creepy to me.
    at first I was willing to give him the benefit Of the doubt. But now I don't think he's a
    good guy. His career will be over now I'm sure. Legacy is in serious jeopardy

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    What gets me is it appears some of the alleged victims continued to associate with him after the fact. There are plenty of women who would sleep with a celebrity with the hopes of personal gain. Could a lot of this be women scorned? I was once falsely charged with sexual harassment in the workplace. It was an underperforming employee I was in the process of documenting for termination. She finally quit after claiming harassment. After an agonizing investigation I was cleared. Over 20 of my female subordinates vouched for me and told HR the accuser was a nutcase. So I know well how it feels to be falsely charged.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    What gets me is it appears some of the alleged victims continued to associate with him after the fact. There are plenty of women who would sleep with a celebrity with the hopes of personal gain. Could a lot of this be women scorned? I was once falsely charged with sexual harassment in the workplace. It was an underperforming employee I was in the process of documenting for termination. She finally quit after claiming harassment. After an agonizing investigation I was cleared. Over 20 of my female subordinates vouched for me and told HR the accuser was a nutcase. So I know well how it feels to be falsely charged.

You're lucky. This is one "crime" for which you are guilty [strike]until proven innocent[/strike].

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

They were riding the revenue train and now that train has arrived in the station. Possibly more revenue.
    If this is true then he is not the person we all thought him to be.
    If they were assaulted and took money to be quite then be quite.
    If they stayed around him then they had reasons to be there.
    They may have feared stepping forward against him and being black balled......Man that did not play out well......:)

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If they accepted money to keep quiet, it was a commercial transaction that is legal in Nevada.

Cosby's problem is that he is on the wrong side politically.
    The claims of rape/sexual misconduct against President Clinton, while not as many, were similar. The difference is that, being a liberal, any concerns about his misdeeds were only between him and his wife. No charges were filed in either case.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    All I'm going to say is that there is a long, long road between "America's perfect Dad" and "serial rapist". Maybe there's a guy with hundreds of millions of dollars who maybe made some promises to get somewhere (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) and then didn't deliver...on the promises. Add in that it's an encounter that you weren't proud of, got nothing from, treated badly afterward or worst of all, ignored....affects how you re-tell a story...especially if you are a has been or never was.

Top Bottom