Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Wife bought a keurig...and I'm a junkie

My wife bought one of them there fancy keurig coffee/tea/hot cocoa makers a week ago. I told her it was a waste of money as I always drank the cheapest coffee around. Well I threw away my old, cheap, dirty old friend today. I'm loving this new thing. I've found myself having a cup of coffee at all times of the day now! Enjoying a medium hazelnut at the moment. Am I a coffee snob now?
    "Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trailrider View Post
    Am I a coffee snob now?
    No, but you are a hipster. I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm a fan of decent, fresh ground coffee from my Mr. Coffee with a stainless steel carafe.

If I want a REALLY good cup, I'll break out the French press.
    If you’re free you’ll never see the walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactically Fat View Post
    Listen to Rhino, Coach, NHT3, and as much as I hate to say it, Chezuki. :-)
    Mooresville #78 F. & A. M.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Nope. If you were a coffee snob you wouldn't own a Keurig. LOL.

User Info Menu

Keurig is ok for a fast drink, but I still use a french press when I want a great cup of coffee.
    LT6 ^ UA 440 ^ #514, F. & A.M.

User Info Menu

Anyone know of one that WONT break the bank? I could swear I saw them last year for half of what they are going for now. ($99 for the cheap ones)

I typically only drink a cup or two at home on the weekends, so making a pot is ridiculous, but so is paying $100+ for a maker and over a buck per cup. (I'd get one of the refillable ones) And making a partial cup never tastes right.

I do like the concept of the 2.0 units. kinda cool where you can make either a whole pot or a single mug depending on what type of K-cup you use.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    Anyone know of one that WONT break the bank? I could swear I saw them last year for half of what they are going for now. ($99 for the cheap ones)

I typically only drink a cup or two at home on the weekends, so making a pot is ridiculous, but so is paying $100+ for a maker and over a buck per cup. (I'd get one of the refillable ones) And making a partial cup never tastes right.

I do like the concept of the 2.0 units. kinda cool where you can make either a whole pot or a single mug depending on what type of K-cup you use.
    Man, a French Press is perfect for just making a cup or two. You can pick one up for ~$20. Folgers from a french press still beats even the best K-Cups.
    If you’re free you’ll never see the walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactically Fat View Post
    Listen to Rhino, Coach, NHT3, and as much as I hate to say it, Chezuki. :-)
    Mooresville #78 F. & A. M.

User Info Menu

I love coffee from a French press, but on busy mornings, I go with the k-cups. You can find deals online, or if you shop at Bed Bath & Beyond and get their coupons, you can get deals there.

User Info Menu

I like my Keurig because I'm lazy, not even gonna lie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LT6 FOR LIFE

User Info Menu

I had never heard of a french press til now. Once you get past the sticker shock the keurig is a nice little unit. My wife likes hot tea and my grandson likes the hot cocoa. It's a convenience thing and I'm definitely paying for it.
    "Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mbills2223 View Post
    I like my Keurig because I'm lazy, not even gonna lie.
    Bingo.

I love mine, and my sister bought it for me, so no sticker shock. Clever device. First saw it in hotel rooms, works really well for that niche.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast