• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I'm seeking information on who may buy stolen cars. I find 2/3 cars a month that have been stolen in my apartment complex and think I could make money selling them to a chop shop. The first one I found, I reported to the complex manager and it sat another week with nothing being done. I finally called IMPD and within an hour,they were towing it off. The officer told me that management didn't like to involve the police in such matters but thanked me for reporting it. The second car I reported, I called IMPD and was told,I'd need to call the Mayors action line about. I realize the Mayor probably has better things to do than recover stolen cars so, I figure I could save some time and hassle by just reporting stolen cars to someone who could actually use them. My thinking is, if my apartment complex doesn't care,and IMPD has better things to do than get someone's stolen car back,I should be able to make some money off the deal. All I really need is,someone who will pay a reward/finders fee for stolen cars.
    Please let me know if you have a thought on this as there's a nice Impala sitting out front (as of this morning) that needs a new owner.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I'm seeking information on who may buy stolen cars. I find 2/3 cars a month that have been stolen in my apartment complex and think I could make money selling them to a chop shop. The first one I found, I reported to the complex manager and it sat another week with nothing being done. I finally called IMPD and within an hour,they were towing it off. The officer told me that management didn't like to involve the police in such matters but thanked me for reporting it. The second car I reported, I called IMPD and was told,I'd need to call the Mayors action line about. I realize the Mayor probably has better things to do than recover stolen cars so, I figure I could save some time and hassle by just reporting stolen cars to someone who could actually use them. My thinking is, if my apartment complex doesn't care,and IMPD has better things to do than get someone's stolen car back,I should be able to make some money off the deal. All I really need is,someone who will pay a reward/finders fee for stolen cars.
    Please let me know if you have a thought on this as there's a nice Impala sitting out front (as of this morning) that needs a new owner.
    I am assume you meant to use a lot of purple here?? :dunno:

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    How do you know they are stolen? And if it really is a dump spot, set up a camera to help catch a thief. A thief can not keep parking stolen cars there if they are in jail.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    We had a car parked in the middle of our lot at work Monday. We called it in. IMPD stated they wouldn't do anything with it unless it is reported stolen by the owner. :dunno:

It was gone several hours later. Probably just died, and came back later to fix it/start it.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    We had a car parked in the middle of our lot at work Monday. We called it in. IMPD stated they wouldn't do anything with it unless it is reported stolen by the owner. :dunno:

It was gone several hours later. Probably just died, and came back later to fix it/start it.

You totally should have wrapped it.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    ...I find 2/3 cars a month that have been stolen in my apartment complex...
    Sounds like ya need to move to a better apartment complex! :laugh:

And no, not about to post some sort of 'list' of fences for hot cars. IMPD probably has one, though. :)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I called IMPD and was told,I'd need to call the Mayors action line about.

That's bad info someone gave you. IMPD should send an officer to verify if its stolen or not. However if its not reported, that's where it will end. Abandoned cars on private property that aren't reported stolen can't be towed unless there's some ordinance violation, which can be reported to Mayor's Action. The private property owner can have them towed, though.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I have no desire to mince words. OP, you live in a ****hole...and seem to be celebrating the 81st anniversary of the 21st Amendment, con mucho gusto.

Top Bottom