Ferrall's Woodworking cabinet.Beautiful.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Last edited:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Beautiful piece of furniture. If I needed such a cabinet, that would definitely be worth the money IF the gliders are appropriately heavy and solid. As those upper rifle / shotgun pull-outs would be quite heavy is filled with long guns, the hardware would need to be 'industrial grade'.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I would have concerns that those sliding racks would have problems when they are loaded up with guns.

I've looked at similar pieces of furniture up close and when they're fitted with good, heavy steel slider hardware, then it's difficult to hide the drawer or sliding rack fronts. On the one I looked at, if you pushed even a little on the side where the sliding rack was, you could feel and hear the rattle of the steel slider. Even though it had a lock on it, it's not really hidden in plain sight if it's that easy to recognize that somethings in there.

I could easily see the usefulness of a smaller hidden space for a pistol or short rifle/shotgun in a piece of furniture, but a huge cabinet for 30 guns doesn't seem as practical or secure as a safe would be. And you could get a good safe for the same price as that oak cabinet.

But don't get me wrong, I'm a woodworker and I do appreciate a finely built piece, and that cabinet is pretty sweet.

Last edited:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Beautiful piece. I've seen other similar products too. Just not completely sold on the concept. I like the idea of having a covert storage option for a single gun in multiple locations. For primary bulk storage though, I still prefer a safe. The primary method of security in a piece like that is stealth. I get that, but once its discovered that stealth quickly vanishes. Also, a wood cabinet would actually attract fire to it rather than protect from it. If I had so many guns that I needed more creative storage options though, I might still consider it. I'm far from having that problem though. :twocents:

Top Bottom