• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    It's been one of those days.Stood in line for over an hour for the Santa Train and froze.Walked back home to a house full of children for my son's birthday party and have had nothing but screaming,crying,and yelling in my ears for the past few hours.I'd love to have the extra ammo to go shooting today.

On the plus side,I got to meet silverspoon at the Santa Train.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    It's been one of those days.Stood in line for over an hour for the Santa Train and froze.Walked back home to a house full of children for my son's birthday party and have had nothing but screaming,crying,and yelling in my ears for the past few hours.I'd love to have the extra ammo to go shooting today.

On the plus side,I got to meet silverspoon at the Santa Train.

After being in a house full of screaming kids, the Boom, Boom, Boom of a range trip is music to the ears...

I don't know about yours, but my daughter has a scream that you need ear protecting to be around....

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Fake an injury. Go to the bathroom suddenly and stay for like 10 mins. Come out and say you're hitting the store for anti-diarrheal meds. Ask for a big hug to feel better and she'll push you out the door.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    As you're typing this, just make sure that you are aware that the other parental unit often feels the same way, and more often. Does she have the opportunity to get out of the house?

This has been a public service announcement paid for by the "You have no idea what stress is, Mister" Association.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Fake an injury. Go to the bathroom suddenly and stay for like 10 mins. Come out and say you're hitting the store for anti-diarrheal meds. Ask for a big hug to feel better and she'll push you out the door.
    :yesway:

As you're typing this, just make sure that you are aware that the other parental unit often feels the same way, and more often. Does she have the opportunity to get out of the house?

This has been a public service announcement paid for by the "You have no idea what stress is, Mister" Association.

And then there's the reality check!!!

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Need to go shooting? You and me both, man. I've got two rifles in my safe I've not even shot. Wish I could just walk out in my backyard and go... but I think the neighbor whose house that is literally 4 feet from mine who I share a backyard with would be upset, as well as all the others on the city block, as well as the local PD....

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

I find shooting to be a great stress reliever as well. After a horrid week at work and the stress of trying to cram for a test tomorrow for college, going shooting twice yesterday was just what I needed :D

Believe it or not, these are the days you'll think fondly of, and kinda miss when your kids are grown.

Too true! My son just turned 19 this week and is a freshman in college. I find myself missing the days where I could pick him up and carry him around the house and sit or play legos with him!

I'll be at Tim's Shooting Academy tomorrow. Come join us.:D

Since you made the offer, when will you be there? If my studies go well, I might try to break free for a bit and that might be a good time to go shooting again, plus meet a fellow INGOer :)

Top Bottom