• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    I like to travel throughout Indiana when my wife and I have the time. What and where are some of your favorite dining establishments outside the home?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Chris (Integraholic) introduced me to a burger place in Plainfield called "Red Robin" that has AWESOME burgers. I'm eagerly awaiting a return visit.

My wife and I usually stay in the Greenwood area. Logan's Roadhouse (we get free appetizers), Chili's, Max & Erma's, Los Tapatios.

If I had the bux to go regularly, I really enjoyed The Melting Pot, at least for an "experience".

465guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2008
    Amore Pizza in Zionsville in the Boone Village plaza near the middle and high schools. Colts Offensive line eats there every Friday during the season. Great food.

TraderJack

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    My fav is Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Northside or downtown - doesn't matter. They're both excellent.
    But it ain't cheap!

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    My wife and I used to go to decent restaurants a lot, but that has been almost nipped once the kids came. The kids like places like Bob Evans (which I just hate) but they tear the crap out of anyplace nicer anyway.
    So most of the places we went to are closed or changed.

We still manage to get to get to The Coachman in Plainfield now and then. I like it. It's not so fancy the kids can't go, but still has good food. I like the steaks there.

Speaking of steaks, I always liked "Lost Name" steakhouse near Mooresville, but I think it's closed...again.

It isn't fancy, but I like BBQ.
    Hoghead's BBQ in Pittsboro was good, but we have only been once since they moved to Brownsburg.
    Squealer's in Mooresville was good, but I got sick the last two times there. That's probably coincidence.
    We've been to Hog Heaven BBQ in Plainfield twice. Once was OK, and the second was pretty good.

If you like Thai food- "Thai One On" in Avon is pretty good. I've sorta known Sam, the owner, for several years.

Chris (Integraholic) introduced me to a burger place in Plainfield called "Red Robin" that has AWESOME burgers. I'm eagerly awaiting a return visit.

Yes, it IS good. Love the Jalapeno burger.
    But the four of us (two adults, two kids) ate there and it was almost $70. Good or not, when you think about it- $70 for hamburgers is a lot.

As drive-thru burgers go, I like 96th Street Steakburgers, which is down Perry Rd from Red Robin. It seems to galvnize people- Some people like it, and some don't. I like the burgers, but not the fries. My wife likes the fries.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Amore's mentioned earlier in Zionsville is great. If you like Indian Food I recommend TAJ in Castleton located across from the mall.

Anyone tried the BBQ place on 37 before you hit Martinsville if you are driving from Indy?

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    I'm a Texas boy and I miss my Tex-Mex.

Tejano Joes on 86th is excellent and the little El Rancho restaurants are surprisingly good and inexpensive.

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    Papa Roux Cajun Restaurant | 317-603-9861 | 10th at Post Rd, Indianapolis

paparoux_horz.png

317-603-9861
    8950 E. 10th Street, Indianapolis
    (10th Street at Post Road)

Top Bottom