Christmas Traditions - 2014. What's yours??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Every family has their own little Christmas traditions. Ours happens to be that everyone makes their own Christmas ornament for the tree.

At first I was just going to post a pic of my Christmas ornament for this year, but thought that other folks might have their own Christmas traditions they might like to chime in with. Please post a pic of something Christmas related that you did with your family this year.

So I'll start. Granted this is no work of art, but I am down to 1 1/2 hands this year due to shoulder surgery. All the same, I would say that it does say a little something about yours truly :): :

My 2014 Christmas Tree Ornament
    2014Ornament_zps1d40eb04.jpg

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    My wife an daughter make Christmas cookies and my grandson wants to help, matter of fact they just got done and then my grandson has to take a bath.... Hes always a mess after words... He just likes the iceing more then the cookies... ;)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    We go see a movie on Christmas Day. I think we're seeing Annie this year, but I will have to go back that night to see American Sniper.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Most of our traditions revolve around food. Ethnic traditions I guess, but strudel and potica (nut roll) are two that we normally have at our family gathering. I try to make them like my grandma always did. We have several kinds of cookies, rum fudge, bourbon balls and just time enjoying family and spending time together.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Don't know how it started, I believe it was the kids nagging to open up gifts Christmas Eve, but we have our family dinner on Christmas Eve. It works out because it allows the "kids" to spend Christmas with the In-Laws or soon to be In-Laws, and this year since Christmas is on a Thursday I get to shoot Trap at MCFG.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    We go to dinner on Christmas Eve and when we get home the kids can pick one gift to open from any already under the tree. One other is that my mother has given me the Hallmark airplane ornament for the year every year since I started in aviation. I have a tree with just the airplanes on it and it now has 21 airplanes.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    After the kid goes to bed (next Christmas it will be kids) the wife and I put on Die Hard and watch it while we wrap any final gifts and stuff the stockings.

SkinNFluff

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Mauckport, Indiana
    Stay home with family. Listen to other relatives complain we do not come see them for the Holidays. The way I see it is that if they wanted to spend any time with us that they would stop by. The may drop by once a year at most and do nothing but complain the entire time. We enjoy doing our own thing on the holidays.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Our traditions are pretty straight forwards.
    The wife and daughter make new ornaments every year.
    Many of the Gifts are hand made by wife and daughter.
    The woman make a terrible mess in the kitchen but cookies and candy's and pies are the result. (also an increase in the belt line)
    We have our kids and their kids and my sister on C-Eve for a good meal and sharing gifts. The G-kids get lost in piles of wrapping paper.............:)
    MIL's for Christmas breakfast and my wifes family gathering.
    Dec. 26th....start cleaning up.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve, then sleep in Christmas morning followed by coffee, presents, and an early Christmas dinner at a family members house. I hosted last year so this year it is my sister's job.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    We go to church christmas eve with my in laws then come back to our house and open presents. We try to have a big dinner every year, but my BIL always works late cause he forgets to request off. So I think I'm having Yats after work today. Then Christmas day my wife and I and the dogs drive over to my sister's in Columbus OH. this will be the last year for all this though, once the baby is here then everything is at our house. My parents will probably come out the weekend after or later as they are always too busy christmas eve to visit.

Jason

Top Bottom