• kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Is this chap, as I've heard or read once, the Johnny Libs formerly of Lib's Candy? Have seen this picture from time to time in various books and articles on the Vietnam War, always wondered if he was really who I'd heard.

vietnam1.jpg

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    About - Libs Chocolates

Looks like Vietnam . Based on the company history, I don't think that is him.

There appear to be two Libs named John if I read this correctly, father John ( Bob's brother) and his son Johnny ( Mike's brother)
    I should elaborate a bit as to my curiosity, I saw this same photo years ago and the caption IDed the chap as being from Evansville IN. but alas I had not remembered the name until seeing it again. Link below to the source of this photo found googlefooing recently which gives a name but not hometown of soldier.

First Division Museum at Cantigny Vietnam

As to the M-14 seeing use in Vietnam, all I can say is that it was the weapon carried by my FIL's company. He returned stateside in '67 and retired from service after 25 years . I recall him saying much of his time was spent in Kontum province .

Last edited:
    Top Bottom