Should Que Step Down as a Moderator on INGO?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Should Que Step Down?

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Simple question, asked by Que himself in Permalink #302 in this thread:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/360423-woman-beheaded-oklahoma-co-worker.html

I don't envy the moderators' positions here on INGO, they volunteer for a difficult job. However, I do think their jobs become even more difficult when they become emotionally involved in the discussions they moderate. The INGO rules give moderators absolute power to censor or ban users (temporarily or permanently). Such censorship or banishment is supposed to be for infractions of a small number of clearly defined rules.

Unfortunately, the rules are not enforced impartially or consistently as evidenced by this thread being allowed to run its course for over five months now despite the core topic being clearly against the INGO rules:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general-political-discussion/355113-look-islamic-state.html

For the record, I am abstaining from this vote because I received a two-week ban for my comments in Permalink #60 of the "beheading" thread referenced above.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    can_of_wormscopy.jpg

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Simple question, asked by Que himself in Permalink #302 in this thread:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/360423-woman-beheaded-oklahoma-co-worker.html

I don't envy the moderators' positions here on INGO, they volunteer for a difficult job. However, I do think their jobs become even more difficult when they become emotionally involved in the discussions they moderate. The INGO rules give moderators absolute power to censor or ban users (temporarily or permanently). Such censorship or banishment is supposed to be for infractions of a small number of clearly defined rules.

Unfortunately, the rules are not enforced impartially or consistently as evidenced by this thread being allowed to run its course for over five months now despite the core topic being clearly against the INGO rules:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general-political-discussion/355113-look-islamic-state.html

For the record, I am abstaining from this vote because I received a two-week ban for my comments in Permalink #60 of the "beheading" thread referenced above.

Think you could do better?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Was'nt there already a poll on this? I believe Que offered to resign but the offer was refused.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    If Fenway (aka Boss Man) wants Que to be a mod then Que will be a mod.It's how it works.

INGO is not a democracy, it's a privately owned website.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    No, he shouldn't

cute that you think INGO is a democracy though.

I don't. And I don't want a moderator's job. I KNOW I couldn't do it.

Read Permalink #302. I'm not breaking any rules here.

EDIT:

Here's Que's quote for those who don't want to click over to it:

"I believe just like with anything else, we are all here to serve each other. You asked in another thread for the mods to give an opinion about this topic and I did. Based on history and my intimate knowledge of the direction this kind of thread usually takes, I simply asked that the rules bed strictly adhered to. Some decided not to do that and now we have a thread with several discussions going on.

I know and understand INGO is not a democracy, but if you and others believe it's time for me to step down, I will gladly do that. There is no need to contact Fenway. Just start a thread with a poll and let the members decide. It's good to rotate moderators.

I'm glad the members on INGO are close and stick up for each other. That's a good thing, especially when the time comes when those like the guy this thread is about start to rear their heads without fear. And yes, that day will come. I've gained some close acquaintances and friends through this medium, too. I've trained with many of them and hope they will all remain vigilant. Still, this is one of several times that one of my decisions as a moderator has caused problems on the board, so I need to determine if the problem is me. If in fact the members decide it's time for me to step down, I certainly hope there are some who are ready to step up."

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Again.........:dunno:

This is not in any way shape or form a democracy or even a republic.
    It is a free forum to share ideas and opinions on many different subjects.
    We choose to become site supporters to help keep the lights on but it is free to so many.
    Keep pushing and things will not be fun here any more.
    I for 1 like it to be fun.
    I like it here. I will deal with the rules changes as they come along.
    I for 1 want folks to leave "Q" the hell alone.

Stop pushing.

Edit....to the 1 member that voted yes.....you leave OK

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Deja Vu. Why are you resurrecting this discussion now?

There was a poll created, which was soon after deleted. As I imagine this one will be soon.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I guess this needed to be re-hashed again for some reason.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I guess this needed to be re-hashed again for some reason.

Butt hurt I guess.....:dunno:

There is not and never will be a completely level playing field. There is not one in real life and you will not find one in here. To get butt hurt if you skirt the rules and get smacked for it is not going to end well for you.
    To think there is a few who can do as they wish is also a falsehood.

Seriously.........let it go.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Deja Vu. Why are you resurrecting this discussion now?

There was a poll created, which was soon after deleted. As I imagine this one will be soon.

I did not know a poll was created then deleted. Nor would I be offended if this one was deleted. If we can't have a civil discussion shame on us. I'm not automatically the bad guy for starting the poll. It's what the members do with it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom