• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tapout75

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    I might or might not have just watched the new American Sniper movie about Chris Kyle. F*CKING AWESOME

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Dude! I want to see it so bad!!! It isn't open here where I am till next week! But I will be going! Happy to hear it is good from someone who has seen it... Please don't post any spoilers. And if you can't resist please give an *alert*

UltraRick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Georgetown
    I am about 1/2 way through his book (it is freaking awesome). It is a good read, kinda like your neighbor telling you his story. I want to finish the book before seeing the moving.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I do not know much about Chris Kyle. I haven't seen the movie or read the book. I've read a bit about him and heard some on the radio. I also remember the story about him being killed. Helping fellow vets is a good thing. I did read the article you referenced and found it at least thought provoking. I would agree with the author that it wasn't easy being Kyle and his psyche has to be more complex than good guy/bad guy. Taking pleasure in bloodspurting head shots (my only reference is war games) would make me wonder about his mind/soul. Yes, we need him 'on that wall.' If the guy wasn't conflicted about what he did for a living, he was perfect for the job, but I would not want to be him. Is he a hero, or a killing machine? I don't know. Maybe I'll pick up the book.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I do not know much about Chris Kyle. I haven't seen the movie or read the book. I've read a bit about him and heard some on the radio. I also remember the story about him being killed. Helping fellow vets is a good thing. I did read the article you referenced and found it at least thought provoking. I would agree with the author that it wasn't easy being Kyle and his psyche has to be more complex than good guy/bad guy. Taking pleasure in bloodspurting head shots (my only reference is war games) would make me wonder about his mind/soul. Yes, we need him 'on that wall.' If the guy wasn't conflicted about what he did for a living, he was perfect for the job, but I would not want to be him. Is he a hero, or a killing machine? I don't know. Maybe I'll pick up the book.

In the opening pages, he describes not having regrets and his reason. Agreeing with his reason, and whether he was a hero or not, is entirely up to the reader.
    I didn't really go in, or come out of it, looking for a hero. Simply a glimpse into an individual's psyche & a part of the military (Seals) which I found interesting.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    The real American Sniper was a hate-filled killer. Why are simplistic patriots treating him as a hero? | Lindy West | Comment is free | The Guardian

Check this trash out! If you want to get fired up read this things and try not to flip out! I could say so many awful things but you can see this stuff forever lol

Reading that made my blood boil. The quotes from the book she points out are taken out of context and completely stripped of the reasons he mentioned them. He was a trained killer and obviously damn good at it. The writer demonizes him for killing, but relishes in the safety he helped provide our country. Some people will never understand this quote:
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    -Edmund Burke

Tapout75

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    I will buy the dvd when it is released for sure..... Maybe this clip will help take the heat off

[video=youtube;-fqZGeerU2Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fqZGeerU2Q&t=1m15s[/video]

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Reading that made my blood boil. The quotes from the book she points out are taken out of context and completely stripped of the reasons he mentioned them. He was a trained killer and obviously damn good at it. The writer demonizes him for killing, but relishes in the safety he helped provide our country. Some people will never understand this quote:

Yes, this is exactly right!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom